What happened to Live Cams Pro on iOS?

SRT2016

n3wb
Reaction score
It is also not working under ipad os 15.4.1.

Reaction score
Hello guys. I thought to write an instruction how I saved the app and install it on my new devices without needing installing from the Appstore.

This works only if you have installed the original App on one of you devices.

If you deleted it it is not downloadable from Apple AppStore anymore because it is disappeared.

Also I use the same Apple ID for each device and think is has to be on the same Apple ID

This works for me:
  • Download iMazing (trial) iMazing | iPhone, iPad & iPod Manager for Mac & PC and install and run
  • Connect iPhone iPad with LiveCams Pro app installed on it
  • Choose Backup later
  • Click on your device (left pane)
  • Click on ‘Manage Apps’ in second right pane
  • Click on ‘Library’ in top
  • Search for your app ( eg’ LiveCams’) in search field below
  • Right click on app an choose ‘Download to Library’
  • Fill in your Apple ID account and verify (maybe 2 factor authentication)
  • Click Done in right below
  • Connect you other device without the app
  • Choose backup later
  • Click on your device (left pane) on which you wan to install
  • Click on ‘Manage Apps’ in second right pane
  • Click on ‘Library’ in top
  • Search for your app ( eg’ LiveCams’) in search field below
  • Click on Install
  • Disconnect device

That’s it! Hope you can enjoy the app again.
Thanks very much for this - I've just used your instructions to transfer LiveCams Pro from my iphone 7 to a third generation iphone SE.

It was a little bit different now but clear enough to get the job finished.

I too had spent many days looking for an alternative via the App Store which even seemed to work with my older cameras, so was delighted when this thread popped up when I decided to see what the wider IP Cam community experience was.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just found this thread on the web and registered so I could speak to the group....

We ran out of money in 2013 and I funded the development out of pocket at a loss for the next 6 years just to keep people happy while I could. Sadly we also had some family health issues making it stressful and challenging. I found another full time position in 2015 to make ends meet and closed the books on the business in 2019.

Unfortunately I couldn't make the source code public because it contained a ton of proprietary logic for drivers that were under various NDA agreements with manufacturers. I recommended that people look at IP Cam Viewer Pro and Tinycam as alternatives.

Thanks for all of your support over the years! I really enjoyed creating something that people found valuable and practical, although I struggled with all of the personal attacks that come with being online and in the public eye.
It was a fun ride from 2009-2019!

Sincerely,
Barry Egerter
I too wanted to add my thanks for this clear and easy to use App. good look in your future endeavours