What happened to my clips?

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have eight cameras and all have worked well for a long time, until yesterday when I noticed that clips are disappearing in the left 'clips column view (set to 'all clips') , but for for just two of the eight cameras.
For example, if I manually trigger either of the two cameras, a clip view will appear and I can playback the recorded video. Then, for no particular reason I can find, the new clips disappear? The flagged clips for both the these cameras remain intact. For today, each of these cameras has had more than 40 triggers each, all of which appear for a period of time, and then disappear? All other cameras and their clips work as expected. I have not made any changes to the cameras or their settings.

Here's what I've tried so far:
1. Rebooted the PC
2. Ran the DB repair
3. Verified ample storage space
4. Checked to ensure trigger/alert/recording settings is as they were and the same as the other cameras.

Just before I started typing this message, I manually triggered each of the two cameras which then resulted in two clips showing for each camera. Now, about 2 minutes after doing so and without touching anything in BI, the clips are gone from the left pane.

I'm stumped, any help would very much be appreciated.

V.5.9.1.6 on a Windows 11 PC

Bruce_H

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you looking in the "All clips" list, have you looked in the "Cancelled alerts" list?

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you looking in the "All clips" list, have you looked in the "Cancelled alerts" list?
Yes I am looking at the 'all clips' view.

I haven't looked at the canceled alerts list (didn't know there was such a thing. I'll go have a look, thanks for the tip!

Bruce_H

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure if you know how to find the list, click and hold or right click on the file folder icon or on the left sidebar and select it from the list when it pops up in a second or two, I think that there is also a setting to determine of the canceled items show up in the "All clips" list or not, now I need to see if I can find the setting, assuming it is actually there somewhere!

Last edited:

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you find the missing clips also?
Sadly I didn't, still working on the issue but I'm grateful for your help. For all of the years I've had BI, I'm still discovering all of the hidden features.

8trek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Happening to me as well, ZERO clips, no thumbnails, nothing. Cameras are recording 24/7 yet nothing appears in left pan. have tried all clips, new, stored, alerts.... NOTHING. have downgraded, upgraded... nothing works. Uninstalled BI, removed all remaining files from folders including DB folder. Reinstalled... Still nothing! Tried rebuilding the DB... that didn't help. Files are being generated on the hardrive so recording is working. System was working fine for months... no idea what has caused this.

Last edited:

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Happening to me as well, ZERO clips, no thumbnails, nothing. Cameras are recording 24/7 yet nothing appears in left pan. have tried all clips, new, stored, alerts.... NOTHING. have downgraded, upgraded... nothing works. Uninstalled BI, removed all remaining files from folders including DB folder. Reinstalled... Still nothing! Tried rebuilding the DB... that didn't help. Files are being generated on the hardrive so recording is working. System was working fine for months... no idea what has caused this.
Hey 8trek, first let me apologize for not following through by returning to my own thread to explain what I ultimately found to be the issue with my system (after weeks of trying to figure it out).

I did almost all of the same things you did to figure it out. My first thought was maybe a problem with not enough space on the hard drive but my initial troubleshooting showed that everything in BI was et correctly (delete files > xxGB and so on). But there was nothing in the storage tab that looked amiss. From that point I went down the rabbit hole of thinking it was a setting because the issue started after updating to the latest version of and installing the AI tools for the first time. I found myself setting the "clip age" to shorter and shorter time periods, e.g. 3 days.

Finally I went back to where I began and noticed that folder named "Storage" had massive amounts of files, aka HUGE. The files went back many months, not the 7 days or so that I expected to find. So I went in and deleted all but but the 7 most recent days which would align with my current setting for deleting old files. So far, it has maintained the 7 day allocation. There is another folder created by BI in my system named"Stored", but it is empty, not sure if that's part of the issue or not.

It seems from your description this is not the problem you are having, but for now this has solved mine. I do correlate the installation of the latest rev and the installation of AI tools as the onset to these issues.

Hope you get it solved, I too spent many hours only to find the unexpected.

8trek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Completely wiping BlueIris by removing all registry keys after uninstalling and re-setting up solved this issue with nothing in the left pane. In case anyone down the road reads this a couple things to point out...

When looking for reg keys to remove also look for Perspective Software and delete those.

Do NOT try and import previous settings for BlueIris cause in my case they were causing the issue. You can however re-import camera settings so make sure and export those out before blowing everything away.