What is an overlapping exception?

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello, good afternoon.

I have searched the forum about this question and found absolutely nothing, I have also searched the internet and there is no result either. So I have opened a new post to ask about this feature.

I was also looking for a feature to put words to the objects you see in the images (if a village appears, put the name of that village and the name doesn't move), and that these words don't move when you rotate the PTZ. I don't know if this can be done, but I've been testing and I can't find this feature.

And if this feature does not exist, please @EMPIRETECANDY write it down in your list of recommendations to Dahua. :lmao:

Model: PTZ85448-HNF-PA

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Exception Overlay refers to "exceptions" defined on the NVR or camera. It will overlay or display them on the video feed where you want them like other overlay features such as time, camera name etc..

exceptions.jpg

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Exception Overlay refers to "exceptions" defined on the NVR or camera. It will overlay or display them on the video feed where you want them like other overlay features such as time, camera name etc..

View attachment 165270
OK, I understand. In my case this option doesn't work for me because I don't have an NVR. Thank you.

Yes you can put words or Titles on the live view also, using Custom titles

View attachment 165271 View attachment 165272
But I see that the custom title does not stay in place, but when I move the PTZ that title also moves.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The exceptions come from the PTZ in this case so yes they should work..

Yes the title is associated with a specific spot on the screen and moves as the view moves. Im not aware of any way to make the title track to an object within the view.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes the title is associated with a specific spot on the screen and moves as the view moves. Im not aware of any way to make the title track to an object within the view.
I was hoping to find an option with the same functionality as the privacy mask, which stays fixed on the image.

Another thing that I also found a big difference between Hikvision and Dahua, is that Hikvision's privacy masks are more versatile because you can make different geometric shapes, and not always a square or a rectangle. This option was released not long ago in a firmware update, I don't know if Dahua will have put the focus on this option from the competition.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
hmmm didnt know that. I dont use them so havent much experience with privacy masks,,,

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@bigredfish I have also seen that in the screenshot you have posted you have the temperature option activated. Have you checked if the temperature displayed by the camera is real? In my case, the camera shows 3° or 4° more than the actual temperature where it is located. I understand that this temperature measures the ambient temperature and not the temperature of the camera.