What is it? I think I need one....

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interfering with a legal signal with an illegal device, might be frowned on by FCC.
First off they have to catch you and the fact and 99% are private individuals using said drones, they wont know what happened to their drone. (For educational purposes only) Cheaper to use a spark box from a model T to an open sparkplug and jam all frequencies. Ever seen a frequency monitor when someone starts their microwave? So much scatter.

And what about all the people that now use channel 9 on the CB now?

73's

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
How long of an antenna will you put on the spark plug?
Judging by the little antenna maybe 15DBi gain. I guess one might couple a
spark plug up.

I used a Tectronix spectrum analyzer hooked up to circularly polarized
antenna to accidentally find an experimental "non-detectable" burst
spread spectrum transceiver.
My T-Hunt partner in Cali was WB6ADC. I've used some real neat doppler system
to catch lots of "radio bad guys". Dig deeper and one might find my attorney
N6OMS we took out some terrible people in court.
A little article.
If the crashed aircraft falls into a birthday party with some kids in a backyard......Just think

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
How long of an antenna will you put on the spark plug?
Judging by the little antenna maybe 15DBi gain. I guess one might couple a
spark plug up.

I used a Tectronix spectrum analyzer hooked up to circularly polarized
antenna to accidentally find an experimental "non-detectable" burst
spread spectrum transceiver.
My T-Hunt partner in Cali was WB6ADC. I've used some real neat doppler system
to catch lots of "radio bad guys". Dig deeper and one might find my attorney
N6OMS we took out some terrible people in court.
A little article.
If the crashed aircraft falls into a birthday party with some kids in a backyard......Just think

I haven't been on a good foxhunt in ages. Need to get back into it. My license is still current.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I just bought my 1st SDR dongle. All of that is such a tiny package. That spectrum analyzer was about
$25K back then! I used to live about 1/2 mile from Collins off Warner Av in

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Interfering with a legal signal with an illegal device, might be frowned on by FCC.
First off they have to catch you and the fact and 99% are private individuals using said drones, they wont know what happened to their drone.
I think you're forgetting all drones have a live video feed that's often recorded at the other end.

Shooting a drone with one of those is probably more illegal than shooting it because not only do you have the destruction aspect, but the Radio Frequency Violations which depending on your location may include using restructed frequencies / unlicensed transmission / interferring with X etc etc.

Best way to deal with them if they're a problem is get familiar with the laws in you area on drones. Some maybe flying legally. For those that aren't, many YT videos appear to show Police more than willing to attend these incidents.

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think you're forgetting all drones have a live video feed that's often recorded at the other end.

Shooting a drone with one of those is probably more illegal than shooting it because not only do you have the destruction aspect, but the Radio Frequency Violations which depending on your location may include using restructed frequencies / unlicensed transmission / interferring with X etc etc.

Best way to deal with them if they're a problem is get familiar with the laws in you area on drones. Some maybe flying legally. For those that aren't, many YT videos appear to show Police more than willing to attend these incidents.
Legal or illegal only depends on the authority preforming the task. If I use this it might be illegal, but if a police officer does this it might be legal and it may also be illegal too. Once the drone leaves the surface of the earth here in the US, it is now under the authority of the FAA and not the FCC or the police unless they have explicit permission granted to them by the FAA.