What is Super H.264/5 on my NVR?

Farmer D

n3wb
Reaction score
While playing around with the settings on my NVR, I noticed that it has Super H.264/5 option. Can someone help me understand what this does? How is this different from H.264/5?

Thanks

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
with hikvision its h265+ its there newer compression you need to read up on it.
it was built for the newer 4k cameras.
it works well and there not kidding with the storage i am very amazed in what it can do
running a hikvision 7series 4k nvr with four 4k cameras on full resolution and frame rates it struggled and would freeze up
flick them all over to h265+ there is no maxing out the nvrs incoming bandwidth and and able to add more cameras plus watching from a mobile device when tunneled in
works nicely

Big_lad

n3wb
Reaction score
with hikvision its h265+ its there newer compression you need to read up on it.
it was built for the newer 4k cameras.
it works well and there not kidding with the storage i am very amazed in what it can do
running a hikvision 7series 4k nvr with four 4k cameras on full resolution and frame rates it struggled and would freeze up
flick them all over to h265+ there is no maxing out the nvrs incoming bandwidth and and able to add more cameras plus watching from a mobile device when tunneled in
works nicely
What phone are you using for h265 playback? struggling playback performance and live view with h265/h265.+