What is the difference between IPC-HFW5442T-AS-LED vs IPC-HFW5442T-ASE-NI?

roger561

n3wb
Reaction score
First sorry for my lack of knowledge, I was looking at these two models interested in buying a camera with full color technology. What is the real difference between these two models and which one would be the best? I saw that the price difference is very small between the two models.

Model: IPC-HFW5442T-ASE-NI

Model: IPC-HFW5442T-AS-LED

Is there a previously released camera with better night vision color quality better than these?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you haven’t already run across them, there are two review threads here for those models:
Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+

roger561

n3wb
Reaction score
I would like to thank you all, I am new here in the forum and recently purchased the following models:
1x DS-2CD2347G1-LU 4mp
1x IPC-HDW5831R-ZE
1x DS-2CD2385G1-I 8mp
1x SONY IMX335 5MP PTZ 30x zoom

I want to buy my last security camera but I am very doubt if I get another Hikvision or if I buy one of these two mentioned in the topic, I never had any of these cameras, I live in Brazil and bought by aliexpress. If anyone can tell me which is better to have color image in dark environment with very low brightness (maybe only moonlight) between DS-2CD2347G1-LU or any of the two mentioned in the topic which would be better?

NOTE: I have not received any of these cameras, they are all still shipping. My NVR is HIKVISION DS-7616NI-Q2 / 16P

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm assuming you're using Blue Iris? If you use NVR, you'll either want to stick with Dahua or Hikvision depending on which camera brands you're using. If you're using NVR, try to stick with one brand only

I would like to thank you all, I am new here in the forum and recently purchased the following models:
1x DS-2CD2347G1-LU 4mp
1x IPC-HDW5831R-ZE
1x DS-2CD2385G1-I 8mp
1x SONY IMX335 5MP PTZ 30x zoom

I want to buy my last security camera but I am very doubt if I get another Hikvision or if I buy one of these two mentioned in the topic, I never had any of these cameras, I live in Brazil and bought by aliexpress. If anyone can tell me which is better to have color image in dark environment with very low brightness (maybe only moonlight) between DS-2CD2347G1-LU or any of the two mentioned in the topic which would be better?

roger561

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm assuming you're using Blue Iris? If you use NVR, you'll either want to stick with Dahua or Hikvision depending on which camera brands you're using. If you're using NVR, try to stick with one brand only
sorry missed mentioning the device I'm using, I'm using HIKVISION DS-7616NI-Q2 / 16P

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Make sure you using Hikvision cameras only then, otherwise if using Dahua you'll want to use Dahua NVR to fully take advantage of the features the cameras offer
sorry missed mentioning the device I'm using, I'm using HIKVISION DS-7616NI-Q2 / 16P

roger561

n3wb
Reaction score
Make sure you using Hikvision cameras only then, otherwise if using Dahua you'll want to use Dahua NVR to fully take advantage of the features the cameras offer
Even if the camera has ONVIF technology, will I not have access to (IPC-HDW5831R-ZE) or (SONY IMX335 5MP PTZ 30x )camera technologies? which is the only dahua I've bought so far and the generic brand ptz

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
You won't able to configure the smart motion features (for example) on a Dahua camera from a Hikvision NVR

You'll have to buy a microSD card for your Dahua cameras and to be able to playback based on smart motion detection, you'll need to login to the camera's web UI or via SmartPSS installed on your computer
Even if the camera has ONVIF technology, will I not have access to (IPC-HDW5831R-ZE) or (SONY IMX335 5MP PTZ 30x )camera technologies? which is the only dahua I've bought so far and the generic brand ptz

roger561

n3wb
Reaction score
You won't able to configure the smart motion features (for example) on a Dahua camera from a Hikvision NVR

You'll have to buy a microSD card for your Dahua cameras and to be able to playback based on smart motion detection, you'll need to login to the camera's web UI or via SmartPSS installed on your computer
What about smart motion would it be to activate alarms or recording when detecting motion? If so I will have no problem because I will not activate alarms or motion detection, I will record constantly, my biggest concern is to activate full color and the other PTZ camera can control its movement.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
It will be done so internally, you won't have full control over it through the NVR
What about smart motion would it be to activate alarms or recording when detecting motion? If so I will have no problem because I will not activate alarms or motion detection, I will record constantly, my biggest concern is to activate full color and the other PTZ camera can control its movement.

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Best thing to do is use SmartPSS for your Dahua cameras, make sure your Dahua cams have an SD card

Here is the link to the latest version of SmartPSS

mech

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
First sorry for my lack of knowledge, I was looking at these two models interested in buying a camera with full color technology. What is the real difference between these two models and which one would be the best? I saw that the price difference is very small between the two models.

Model: IPC-HFW5442T-ASE-NI

Model: IPC-HFW5442T-AS-LED

Is there a previously released camera with better night vision color quality better than these?
I have a thread for the LED model here that may interest you:

If it is in full Automatic mode and you turn on the SSA option in Backlight, it can create a very bright full-color night scene. You can see if someone is moving around, but the detail is poor. If you want good detail, you can set the camera manually. The thread has pictures and settings that I used.

Also, if you turn on the camera's LED lights, it reveals the location of the camera. That could be good or bad. A thief might think it is just a small light fixture, since cameras do not usually have visible lights.

roger561

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a thread for the LED model here that may interest you:

If it is in full Automatic mode and you turn on the SSA option in Backlight, it can create a very bright full-color night scene. You can see if someone is moving around, but the detail is poor. If you want good detail, you can set the camera manually. The thread has pictures and settings that I used.

Also, if you turn on the camera's LED lights, it reveals the location of the camera. That could be good or bad. A thief might think it is just a small light fixture, since cameras do not usually have visible lights.
thank you very much for the indication of the topic I will read all the pages because I'm interested long before closing the purchase, decide exactly if I take the COLORVU again or if I try the FULL COLOR Dahua even having Hikvision NVR