What is the difference? Hikvison

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I own a Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE 4MP POE PTZ camera. Had it for a couple of months and I like it.

I was doing some snooping around in the IPCT store and noticed a IPCT-4A425-PTZir camera, that looks identical to my Hikvision cam. Is this the same cam or is there some differences in it from the Hikvision brand cam that make it better? Different firmware? More features? I am sure someone can give me some insight.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I own a Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE 4MP POE PTZ camera. Had it for a couple of months and I like it.

I was doing some snooping around in the IPCT store and noticed a IPCT-4A425-PTZir camera, that looks identical to my Hikvision cam. Is this the same cam or is there some differences in it from the Hikvision brand cam that make it better? Different firmware? More features? I am sure someone can give me some insight.
Same camera hardware just rebranded for this seller.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, I kind of thought so, but I wasn't quite sure. Does IPCT give deep discounts on price to match or even get semi-close to what other vendors are selling it for? I realize IPCT has to make a profit, but their price on this one is out of the ballpark in comparison with the vendor I have been purchasing name brand Hikvision products from for years. I have never been one to make impulse purchases. I'll price shop the crap out of 1 item for weeks after the CFO gives permission to buy it before I pull the trigger on buying one.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, I kind of thought so, but I wasn't quite sure. Does IPCT give deep discounts on price to match or even get semi-close to what other vendors are selling it for? I realize IPCT has to make a profit, but their price on this one is out of the ballpark in comparison with the vendor I have been purchasing name brand Hikvision products from for years. I have never been one to make impulse purchases. I'll price shop the crap out of 1 item for weeks after the CFO gives permission to buy it before I pull the trigger on buying one.
Can’t speak to whether they offer any sort of price matching as I’ve never bought hardware from them. I would say if you already have a good relationship with a trusted seller no need to buy elsewhere unless the competitors offer more for the same.

Whether that be supporting local businesses in your states etc. The vast majority of people will look past warranty vs lowest price that’s just how people are. It’s not very common to see cameras fail given the production of the same is highly automated and controlled.

Even so, having to ship a single camera back to China makes almost no sense unless it exceeds $400.XX

From a business perspective I / we don’t purchase any grey market hardware for obvious reasons. For personal, I’ve never had any hardware failures to date going on 15 years!

I’m sure my luck will run out some day! But for now I’ll keep the savings in my wallet vs paying 30-60% more!