what is the "General" firmware?

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
See the screenshot below from Dahua's website. What is the "General" firmware as opposed to the "other" firmware? Normally Andy's firmware file names match the "other" one below. Is the "General" one just a subset, or is that an international one, or ??? What does it mean that, using the example below, the general one was updated much more recently?

dahua-general-firmware.jpg

Reaction score
General Firmware is probably the Factory Default firmware. Dahua Suppliers have their custom firmware that might work specifically for the devices they are offering only.

Magren

n3wb
Reaction score
Very legit question. Not sure about the suppliers custom firmware though. Would be nice with a explanation. And whattabout the names like "Prometheus" etc. Hardly the name of the guy compiling the firmware.

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@kobebeef That totally makes sense, and your screenshots are great. Having said that, it would seem that the General & DH would be kept roughly on the same version, yet they seem to have such completely different version numbers. For example, in my original screenshot there was General 2.401and DH 2.812. Do you (or anyone) know if there is any correlation between those version numbers? Given that the general version in my screenshot is 8 months newer, it seems we can't infer much from any version number as far as knowing if one is a superset of underlying functionality???