what is the network type = fast/slow setting?

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I didn't realize until just now that the "type" field on the TCP/IP settings screen is actually a toggle. Clicking it will change the value to/from "Slow" and "Fast". See the screenshot below in which the "Slow" appears to be static text, but it is not. It's just a poorly displayed radio button/toggle.

I don't have this on all cameras, but on several. For example, this screenshot is from a IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE with V2.800.0000015.0.R, Build Date: 2020-04-30 and WEB Version V3.2.1.887241.

I assumed the status display below was for the ePoE status. Does having this value at "slow" (which is the default) force the ePoE "mode" lower, unnecessarily? Below is a screenshot of the modes of the ports on my Dahua 16-port switch. At some point I need to just try changing the value and see what I can find, but I'm a little afraid so I came here first to see if anyone else posted about this but searching the forum (& google more generally) hasn't turned up any results yet.

dahua-fast-slow-type.jpg
From the Dahua switch, showing the "Mode" of each port. The camera in the sample screenshot above shows as "E100".
dahua-lan-port-mode.jpg

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I started checking to see which other cameras have this toggle, and found that one of my Amcrest cameras (using Dahua firmware for those who don't already know that) also has that setting, showing it in a more user-friendly manner to make clear that it is a setting/toggle:
amcrest-fast-slow-type.jpg

Last edited: