What is the proper way to shutdown BI

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

How to prevent this error being logged: Restarted after unexpected shutdown
See below:

2022-11-08_12-10-53.jpg

My BI system is running as a windows service.
I was told the best way to shut down BI is to:
Go to the Windows Taskbar, run Task Manager, locate the BI windows service, and select End task.

2022-11-08_12-13-16.jpg

Questions:
1) Is this the correct way to shutdown BI and prevent error being logged?

2) Is there a way to create a shutdown button that will close the BI windows service with 1 click?

Thank you.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That error will show up after any shutdown when BI restarts whether it be intentional shutdown and restart on your end or it crashed and restarted as a service.

I guess the question is why is it an issue that it shows this error being logged? You could always turn off the log, but then you get nothing.

That is the proper way to shut it down.

I am sure someone could write a little script routine that could shut it down with one click, but we should have to do that so infrequently I doubt anyone has bothered creating one.

anotherone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If your running BI as a service, you should be able to set it down by issuing the command
net stop blueiris
from a administrator command window (press windows key, type cmd, select run as administrator)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I guess you could eliminate the error if you planned to shut it down by turning off the run as a service in the BI settings and then closing it. Then when you restart it, you wouldn't get that error, but then you would have to remember to turn the run as service back on.

Reaction score
Interesting. I have never manually shut down the service to shutdown the entire machine. I shutdown or restart via Windows. I assume, Windows shuts down services automatically.