What is up with the Dahua logo on this camera?

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dahua-AUDIO-1080P-3MP-HD-IP-Network-Camera-Dome-PoE-Waterproof-DH-IPC-HDW4300C-/171945455559?

The Dahua logo on the picture is black and white. But...the Dahua logo has a red "D". I don't think that this is a black and white picture? It shows that it comes in a Dahua factory box, even shows a full serial number....but the logo color is putting me off....Also it does not say "English firmware", but I have sent a question to the seller regarding this. I asked them to please put "English firmware" in the listing if so. I will not buy a camera unless I can read this for myself on the listing.:sad:

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's a Chinese version. And it also says "Non-professionals are not suitable for buy!"

You also must use this with a Dahua NVR.

It's a cheap price but you could be giving yourself a big headache here.

Make sure you are satisfied about this before buying it. Even if they have it in the listing, if it's not, you will have to send it back to them if you want a refund and posting to China tracked and signed isn't cheap.

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am looking for this model camera. Now I am stumped about using it with my Nelly's nvr. It's a 16 port, non poe Eyesurv (black metal box, not white). Do all these models need to be installed to a Dahua nvr? Anyway, even if so, I know that Nelly's is just a rebranded Dahua, so I should be safe. But I still am confused about the all black Dahua logo. Ebay though is pretty good about returns if the item is "not significantly as described". I was just about to buy one of these from aliexpress ($76 plus a few bucks ship), but when I looked at the listing a day later, somehow, mysteriously, the "english firmware" description on the picture of the camera had disappeared!! WTH??

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am looking for this model camera. Now I am stumped about using it with my Nelly's nvr. It's a 16 port, non poe Eyesurv (black metal box, not white). Do all these models need to be installed to a Dahua nvr? Anyway, even if so, I know that Nelly's is just a rebranded Dahua, so I should be safe. But I still am confused about the all black Dahua logo. Ebay though is pretty good about returns if the item is "not significantly as described". I was just about to buy one of these from aliexpress ($76 plus a few bucks ship), but when I looked at the listing a day later, somehow, mysteriously, the "english firmware" description on the picture of the camera had disappeared!! WTH??
eBay goods not significantly as described that you ordered from China. You still have to pay to send it back to China. Also, if you get stung at customs, you don't get a refund on that. I'd take fenderman's advice.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure that they confirm that the firmware is english..

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will do Mr. Fenderman! Thank you.

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I think that is incorrect. I do believe that ebay policy is that seller pays for everything if NSAD. I have had a few returns in my time on ebay that were NSAD and seller paid for everything, even when it was free shipping. If necessary, a paypal dispute means that the buyer will win in 99.99% of the time.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If anyone wants this camera, I can have my local distributor ship it to you for free. They offer a warranty on it and if anything is wrong, they will email you a shipping label to ship it back to them for free. They are US models. You could paypal me and I will send them your shipping address. The price would be 130.00usd though.

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did communicate with the merchant (the one Fenderman said he had ordered through successfully) and she actually changed the picture so it now reads "english firmware". Wow...I would say that she is a motivated seller. I will go with her and order the camera today. Thanks again Fenderman for the lead. I know Ali can be a "Pilgrims Progress" if you don't know which pitfalls to avoid. Appreciated.

Vector18...due to budget constraints, I can't take you up on your offer. But thanks.

CaliCam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score