what is your RAM use with cameras disabled? with all cameras active? with cameras unplugged?

Reaction score
still working on troubleshooting my system

with 20 cameras online mine is 14.4 gigs
with cameras disabled it is 7.7
with cameras disabled and the switch with all the cameras on it disconnected it is 5.4 gigs

what inside BI could be eating up my ram?
btw I uninstalled and reinstalled BI and it still the same except now the sound alerts are working on all cameras

thanks for the help

bidisabledram.PNG
BIoff.PNG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am more cams than you and under 3GB RAM with it running.

What is your CPU% when all cameras are disabled? When BI is not running? It should be 0-1%

Memory leak due to graphics card or other junk on your computer is likely culprit. Turn off hardware acceleration and see if it improves.

Was this a clean Win install using media creation tool or is it stock with manufacturer bloatware?

But yeah, something is majorly messed up. I would format drive and start over

Reaction score
I am more cams than you and under 3GB RAM with it running.

What is your CPU% when all cameras are disabled? When BI is not running? It should be 0-1%

Memory leak due to graphics card or other junk on your computer is likely culprit. Turn off hardware acceleration and see if it improves.

Was this a clean Win install using media creation tool or is it stock with manufacturer bloatware?

But yeah, something is majorly messed up. I would format drive and start over
with cameras disabled CPU is at 30.2 %
with Cameras disabled and switch unplugged CPU is at 4.5 %

maybe I should delete deepstack and clean my registry

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to do more than just turn off deepstack and clean the registry. There is a virus or malware or something else going on as well.

Reaction score
You need to do more than just turn off deepstack and clean the registry. There is a virus or malware or something else going on as well.
Avast and Malwarebytes haven't found anything, but I will pop over to bleeping computer and pickup a few tools and see if there is anything going on

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm running 21 cameras. With BI running the CPU sits around 15-20%. Memory utilization by BI is between 2 and 3GB. This is an an i7-6700K with 32GB of RAM, no hardware acceleration is running on it, either. DeepStack is on the GPU version. When I shut down BI the CPU drops to 3-5%.

Have you done ALL of the optimizations in the Wiki, especially sub streams?

Reaction score
I'm running 21 cameras. With BI running the CPU sits around 15-20%. Memory utilization by BI is between 2 and 3GB. This is an an i7-6700K with 32GB of RAM, no hardware acceleration is running on it, either. DeepStack is on the GPU version. When I shut down BI the CPU drops to 3-5%.

Have you done ALL of the optimizations in the Wiki, especially sub streams?
I think I have, but the problem or so I think is in the program itself and I say that because even with the cameras disabled I am using 7.7 gigs of ram.
when I go into BI and stopped the service it dropped total ram use to less than 1%

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
At this point, for you, I'd make a copy of the BI license, shut down BI, uninstall BI and delete the directories that may be left along with the registry keys that are left, then reinstall and start over again. Something is corrupt in BI, apparently. I know it's a giant PITA to rebuild the system from scratch but it's the only thing I can think of that will eliminate all the possible sources in the current installation.

Just make sure that you don't have hardware acceleration running both in each camera and in the global setting in the control panel. There have always been problems with video drivers and HA plus there have been anecdotal reports of CPU/memory problems with the newer versions of BI when HA is in use.

Reaction score
At this point, for you, I'd make a copy of the BI license, shut down BI, uninstall BI and delete the directories that may be left along with the registry keys that are left, then reinstall and start over again. Something is corrupt in BI, apparently. I know it's a giant PITA to rebuild the system from scratch but it's the only thing I can think of that will eliminate all the possible sources in the current installation.

Just make sure that you don't have hardware acceleration running both in each camera and in the global setting in the control panel. There have always been problems with video drivers and HA plus there have been anecdotal reports of CPU/memory problems with the newer versions of BI when HA is in use.
thanks
where is the hardware acceleration settings on the camera pages

ccssid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this is with 11 cameras and HA is enabled
1643414915253.png