What made you get it from aliexpress.com seller instead of U.S. seller?

drewconner

n3wb
Reaction score
I was able to chat with one of the sellers and pay via Paypal. I ordered four DS-2CD2032-I cameras for $85 each.

taylor

n3wb
Reaction score
I was buying 10 cameras so any savings is multiplied x10.
I learned the hard way that there are Chinese and "International" (English) as they described it, cameras.
Specifically the DS-2CD2232-I5 (EXIR Bullet) there are two, and the difference is visual.
The US/International one has an integrated camera mount on the back.
The Chinese version does not have a camera mount. You use a standard 3rd party camera mount with them.

So if you're getting the DS-2CD2232-I5, make sure it's the type with camera mount (they cost $10-20 more). You can tell from the photos.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
this is why I try to avoid ali, opened new camera box to find some cracked glass.. dunno how it happened these are packaged very well.. must of been a flaw in glass.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ptdn3chgaarvh7/2014-08-13 15.58.28.jpg

Luckily I got that cam from Wrightwood; unfortunately I got it on a clearance blowout at Ali prices and there out of stock with a month wait for more; but I got some great Customer Service and they upgraded me to the next model and got it also at a price hard to beat even on Ali.

Ive got one cam on back order from AliExpress; only because its a brand new model and I dont want to wait for US distributers to pick it up.. also seems to be stupid cheap being a new model, I suspect they are sample units that go out sparingly until production ramps up.. it comes in a vandal dome so lets hope nothing is broke in transit... the month+ wait sucks hardest; I'd of gladly paid a domestic company 25% more to get it here 2 weeks ago w/guaranteed not DOA warranty... The Ali seller still has 13 more days to get it in the mail.. horray! /sarcasm

Last edited by a moderator: