What model PTZ is this

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is a new camera at a railhead I work out of every now and then. They have a new security firm that took over and replaced all the physical security guards with cameras and video doorbells from Hikvision to communicate with people coming and going into the yard.

This specific PTZ is right over the front of the vehicles when you stop to check out and zooms in on the vin plate on the dash to verify the correct vehicle is leaving the railhead.

I am just curious as to which model this camera might be if anybody can tell8869B36F-97FC-47B3-9D24-D35E4C06A8C0.jpeg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nice cam and nice install they did but those UV-resistant black wire ties are stressed by that liquidtite flex conduit and in a couple of years they'll be busted. For the premium they likely charged I would expect something more like these @ only $.50 apiece, last like forever==>> 16" Stainless Steel Lashing Strap -Pack of 10

SS-lashing-strap.jpg

or at least these type of SS wormgear clamps:

SS-wormgear-clamps.jpg

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like this one. Just $3,000 on B&H. :lol:

DS-2DF8C842IXS-AELW 8 MP 42x Network IR Speed Dome

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Some of the other things they installed are kinda hacked. I’ll try to get some pictures next time I’m there.
Nice cam and nice install they did but those UV-resistant black wire ties are stressed by that liquidtite flex conduit and in a couple of years they'll be busted. For the premium they likely charged I would expect something more like these @ only $.50 apiece, last like forever==>> 16" Stainless Steel Lashing Strap -Pack of 10

View attachment 153907

or at least these type of SS wormgear clamps:

View attachment 153909

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh wow! Nice camera but a bit expensive
Looks like this one. Just $3,000 on B&H. :lol:

DS-2DF8C842IXS-AELW 8 MP 42x Network IR Speed Dome