What other camera brands use the Sony Starvis sensor?

Arise

n3wb
Reaction score
Besides Dahua/Hikvision/Bosch, are there any other brands available in the US (with US based support) that use the Sony Starvis sensor and work best in low light situations...that don't cost an arm and a leg? My main concern is getting a home security system setup that performs best in low light situations, to be able to get the clearest picture of any thief's face at night.

Arise

n3wb
Reaction score
My main reason for US based support is that I want to be able to PICK UP THE PHONE and talk to somebody on the other end if I have a problem that needs troubleshooting. I called Dahua and they said that they only offer support if purchased from an "authorized dealer".

randytsuch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My main reason for US based support is that I want to be able to PICK UP THE PHONE and talk to somebody on the other end if I have a problem that needs troubleshooting. I called Dahua and they said that they only offer support if purchased from an "authorized dealer".
You can ask questions here :)

Arise

n3wb
Reaction score
What about warranties? If bought from AliExpress, do you get a warranty on the cameras? If so, how long?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What about warranties? If bought from AliExpress, do you get a warranty on the cameras? If so, how long?
AliExpress is an online mall. You'll purchase from an individual store within that mall, and any warranty on the cameras will be set by whoever runs whichever store that you buy from.

We're pretty lucky here in that someone who runs an Ali store is an active member on the forum. His name is Andy, and his forum screen name is @EMPIRETECANDY. He resells the unbranded Dahua products, which is the same quality product, just minus the logo being printed on it.

The URL to his Ali store is:
Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

In regards to tech support, for Dahua stuff, the forum here has a wealth of info already posted, and you're always free to start a new thread. The few times issues have come up that the forum hasn't been able to solve, Andy's helped out by forwarding them over to Dahua support.

In regards to warranty, check what's stated in the product description on his store. I think it's one year.

Arise

n3wb
Reaction score
AliExpress is an online mall. You'll purchase from an individual store within that mall, and any warranty on the cameras will be set by whoever runs whichever store that you buy from.

We're pretty lucky here in that someone who runs an Ali store is an active member on the forum. His name is Andy, and his forum screen name is @EMPIRETECANDY. He resells the unbranded Dahua products, which is the same quality product, just minus the logo being printed on it.

The URL to his Ali store is:
Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

In regards to tech support, for Dahua stuff, the forum here has a wealth of info already posted, and you're always free to start a new thread. The few times issues have come up that the forum hasn't been able to solve, Andy's helped out by forwarding them over to Dahua support.

In regards to warranty, check what's stated in the product description on his store. I think it's one year.
Thanks for all that info. Makes me feel better! I wanted to order 2-4 Dahua Starlight cameras and the "authorized dealer" wanted more than DOUBLE the price that Andy sells them for! I was just really worried about any issues afterwards and being able to troubleshoot if problems occur. You guys rock!