what program to use for android tv to view live stream

Jamson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, Whats everyone using to view there live streams on a android based tv. I just got a new sony with android based os and was looking for a program to use. I dont have blue iris yet as I am looking for a pc.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On my Amazon Fire TV I'm using IP Cam Viewer Free for now, which connects directly to my NVR, but should accept the raw streams from the Camera.
Seems to work quite well to view on my main TV.

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, Whats everyone using to view there live streams on a android based tv. I just got a new sony with android based os and was looking for a program to use. I dont have blue iris yet as I am looking for a pc.
Even though its an android based tv I do not believe you can just load any app you would like from the app store. I believe you can only use the "pre-loaded" android apps that the display comes with....

As @MrRalphMan indicated he is using an Amazon Fire tv module to load a specific android app like IP Cam Viewer or you could use tinyCam Monitor Pro as indicated by @nayr

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you can sideload ivm4500 but it doesn't work to well, keeps lagging on more than one camera viewing

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The app I'm using on the Fire TV box has a version in the Play Store, so if you can get to that it should work.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Jamson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I installed tinycam and it works good. Its nice to be able to view on the tv. Now I need to get a pc so I can get blue iris loaded.

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I installed tinycam and it works good. Its nice to be able to view on the tv. Now I need to get a pc so I can get blue iris loaded.
Can you elaborate a little bit more....you were able to load tinycam directly from the tv app selection?

Jamson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have tinycam on my andriod phone, so all I did was go to the play store on the tv and search for tinycam and install it. And then I just had to setup the cameras. Works as it does on the phone.