What to do about trespassers?

GreyTheOld

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the picture. The porch and your stuff are really near the road and clearly visible attracting unwanted attention. Looney suggested a gate and I think it is a good idea.
They are, and that's a good point too. I guess I could gate across between the pillars there but I'm planning to box in the entire porch anyway to a mud room (who sits on a front porch in 2018?) so maybe I just need to expedite that.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They are, and that's a good point too. I guess I could gate across between the pillars there but I'm planning to box in the entire porch anyway to a mud room (who sits on a front porch in 2018?) so maybe I just need to expedite that.
Lots of people sit on their front porch.

Aruth01

n3wb
Reaction score
... I'm pretty tempted to use an arduino to snug a trip wire that pops up after they come on the porch so that they fall down the stairs face first, but then that potentially affects ok people in the daytime---neighbors, postal worker, etc.
It could also adversely affect your financial future. I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure this is asking to be sued (successfully) by a bad guy who claims you're the reason for his bad back.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It could also adversely affect your financial future. I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure this is asking to be sued (successfully) by a bad guy who claims you're the reason for his bad back.
Yeah....just make sure the bad guy is in no position to claim anything and remove all evidence of a said trip wire before calling LEO..and one more thing: don't share with anyone, including this forum, your intentions. :blankstare:

NOTE: this is a joke, not intended for legal advice: it's a frickin' IP camera forum!