What to do with Coax Cameras?

LL0rd

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, In the apartment building, I'm living in, about two years ago, a new camera system was installed. The NVR is from Hikvision, as well as 14 cameras connected via Coax Cable to the NVR and 2 IP Cameras. The cameras seems to be digital / HD Cameras. But one great problem is, that the image for example is flickering, when the IR light is on. Maybe this is because of a cheap Power Supply or because the 50Hz are induced into the Power Cable.

Honestly, I don't think, that the NVR will work longer than 2-3 years, also because the security guard is smoking excessively and the NVR is next to him. And after a half year, the white housing of the NVR was already yellow.

Now lets assume, that the NVR fails... I can use the IP Cameras in my BI System. But what can I do with the Coax Cameras / Non-IP Cameras? My current "Idea" is just to throw them out of the system and replace important cameras with IP Cameras. Or what do you think?

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lot of variables. Access, distances, time and curb appeal. You could recable, or use poe over coax adapters or a video encoder.