What type of camera for narrow 1.8m wide by 20m long area

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My house is under construction and now seeking advice regarding the type of camera required for a narrow (1.8m wide, about 20m long) area at the side of the house. I have attached two photos of the area, one from the rear and the other from the front. I'm intending to install two cameras one at either end.

The first image is from the front of the house looking to the rear.

20200402_172906_HDR.jpg

The next image is from the rear looking to the front.

20200407_170654_HDR.jpg

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
LTS LTDHIP39222W-28ISM

2 x 2MP Dual Lens
H.265/H.264+
2 x 110° = Total Angle of View 220°
1920×1080@30fps
2.8 Fixed Lens
Color 0.009 lux, 0.07 lux, BW 0 lux, IR Range up to 66ft
WDR, PoE, lP67, IK10
Micro SD Slot up to 128GB
Built-in Mic

1586635027053.png
This is basically two cameras in one housing and the best part is that only one ethernet cable is needed. Will use two channels on your NVR. Add using the same IP address but video channel 1 for the first and 2 for the second view. Then just put the images side by side in your liveview. I have attached a picture of one installed at my workplace. Just install it in on the brick wall in the middle and angle the cameras down. It will give you a total 220 degree panoramic view. Just remember when all mounted to put caulk around the base where it touches the brick to keep moisture out.

1586635151964.png

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@lewic - thanks for the advice and you have given me an idea for another location where I think this sort of setup would be more applicable. For the given area the bulk of the scene would be my neighbour's backyards that I'm trying to avoid. Having said that using a traditional one camera at either end will most likely still be peeking over the fence. I don't want to unnecessarily upset my future neighbours. I was thinking along the lines of a bullet style camera so as to at least give the appearance of the direction they are pointed.

By the way, went searching for this camera but couldn't find prices readily available.

@SouthernYankee - thanks for the links

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
for Dahua cameras you can send an email to andy and request a quote.

if you are interested in International Dahua cameras, a forum member sells dahua (and some Hikvision) and ships world wide. You can read some of the members recommendations on his service. He also provides cameras to other forum member for evaluation and reviews.
You can email him for a quote, or purchase from his Aliexpress store or his Amazon store. The cameras are fully upgradable, he posts upgrade software when available.

Current supply may be limited do to the Coronavirus

Andy
@EMPIRETECANDY
kingsecurity2014@163.com
Andy's ipcamtalk vendor forum: EmpireTech Andy
Andy's AliExpress store: Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Amazing prodcuts with exclusive discounts on AliExpress
Andy's Amazon store: Amazon.com
forum: EmpireTech Andy

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@lewic - thanks for the advice and you have given me an idea for another location where I think this sort of setup would be more applicable. For the given area the bulk of the scene would be my neighbour's backyards that I'm trying to avoid. Having said that using a traditional one camera at either end will most likely still be peeking over the fence. I don't want to unnecessarily upset my future neighbours. I was thinking along the lines of a bullet style camera so as to at least give the appearance of the direction they are pointed.

By the way, went searching for this camera but couldn't find prices readily available.

@SouthernYankee - thanks for the links

The model number I listed is for the OEM model made by LTS. The camera is actually made by Dahua. The model is DH-IPC-HDBW4231FN-E2-M. The lens on the unit can be tilted to face down 90 degrees when you have it mounted on the wall to look down so it wouldn't be looking in your neighbors yard. Also since you are just installing one camera in the middle instead of one on each end I figure it would be more aesthetically pleasing.