What ways have you utilized alarms and triggers?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I purchased a 3.5 to RCA adapter and hooked up some powered speakers for a old PC to my mic out to set up a intrusion zone at my front door to trigger the sound of a dog aggressively barking for when I am at work as I take my dog with me.

I was wondering what uses you guys have come up with to utilize alarms and triggers on your NVRs. I thought it might be fun to share some unique ideas you may be thinking of trying or things you have already brought to life. Lets see how creative you guys are.

dog bark.jpg

Last edited:

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No one huh? I figured we could have some fun sharing some ideas :/

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Great idea! I'd like to hook up a simple light, small red strobe perhaps, by the garage door under an eve but in plain view. Even better if I could somehow connect a day/night sensor on it so that it doesnt trigger during the day. My cameras have alarm out and the DVR has alarm in/outputs so I suppose it's possible?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Great idea! I'd like to hook up a simple light, small red strobe perhaps, by the garage door under an eve but in plain view. Even better if I could somehow connect a day/night sensor on it so that it doesnt trigger during the day. My cameras have alarm out and the DVR has alarm in/outputs so I suppose it's possible?
Yep, it's all possible. If you are serious about doing this, me or someone else will look up the parts needed.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer looney, I may tap you for some guidance once I get finished with the pool renovation project that is about to drive me bonkers :confused:

If it weren't for my damn dayjob getting in the way of my playtime I could get some stuff done!

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I've got a long driveway monitored by a camera and 2 magnetic sensors. Sometimes a vehicle will slip by the magnetic sensors, especially if it's a high aluminum content vehicle going slow. Sometimes a vehicle slips right through the IVS line crossing if its color is low contrast with the background and the sun angle is just right. The magnetic sensors and IVS both trigger recording so hopefully nothing will slip through both of them at the same time. I like the idea of the barking dog alarm. Hadn't thought of that one yet.