What would you put where?

kool_zero

n3wb
Reaction score
So I am attaching a wonderfully drawn layout image of my house and surroundings. I am trying to buy a good setup instead of a cheapo from best buy. However, I don't know if I am better to go with more cameras, ptz, or what. I want to be able to cover all angles including the driveway and both roads, or at least to the road. On the left middle where the lines go out (make the small part of the backwards F), that is the front porch. I don't see how 4 cameras would do. The right of the pic is the back yard. I want to cover as much of it as I can too. I am looking for ideas on what type of cameras to put where, and how many. Also any input on specific models would be great, and an nvr to go with it. It seem that Dahua is really popular around here but I am open minded.

I am looking for really good quality in both day/night. We seem to have someone or something messing around in our landscaping/front yard and it is getting very frustrating. I would like to spend <180 per camera if possible for a great image/video. I have no idea from an nvr perspective on price. It looks like around 300ish? Any and all input is greatly appreciated!

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm partial to LTS (hikvision) cameras but a lot of people on the forum will suggest the dahua starlight turret Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)
I stick with LTS equipment as I have a distributor very close to me. Look around the forum for different posts regarding different equipment but you are pretty accurate with your prices. Also, check out the sticky post under new member introductions from zero-degrees. Read around a bit, then post a plan on what you would do and others will help you along. Also, an actual picture of the front of your house will help too.