What's a good car/marine battery-based UPS?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Long story, but I may have an extra marine deep cycle AGM 100Ah battery laying around soon. I'm considering getting a UPS for computer/cameras that would use this monster battery instead of my APC UPS, relocating the APC to other purposes.

Any thoughts on a good UPS that puts out proper sine wave power, that I can hook up to this battery?

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've never seen one. You could use a battery charger and an inverter to make your own.
Wouldn't put something like this in my house though.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I bought this one a couple years ago:

Have it hooked to 2 105ah deep cycle batteries in my crawlspace. It powers my sump pumps, modems, Blue Iris computer, and living room TV. It passes regular 110V when the grid is up, and it switches fast to battery backup when power goes out, so the cpu stays running without skipping a beat. They make them in different sizes/prices, but whatever you do, get a pure sine wave unit from a reputable manufacturer. Modified sine wave is rolling the dice with your expensive electronics.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I've never seen one. You could use a battery charger and an inverter to make your own.
Wouldn't put something like this in my house though.
It's the battery for my sump backup that has a big a$$ charger. Already in my house.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I bought this one a couple years ago:

Have it hooked to 2 105ah deep cycle batteries in my crawlspace. It powers my sump pumps, modems, Blue Iris computer, and living room TV. It passes regular 110V when the grid is up, and it switches fast to battery backup when power goes out, so the cpu stays running without skipping a beat. They make them in different sizes/prices, but whatever you do, get a pure sine wave unit from a reputable manufacturer. Modified sine wave is rolling the dice with your expensive electronics.
Thanks. This looks like what I would want if I go this route!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.