What's going on with my camera lens cover?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Trying to figure out just exactly what I am seeing here going on inside the lens cover of my 4 x 2mp 180 Dahua camera, (Model: DH-IPC-PFW8800N-A180 ), before I attempt dismantling it to get inside.
I thought it was condensation at first from a distance, but it is not. Kind of looks like some sort of internal lens coating is degrading \ delaminating. Never seen anything like this before. Odd thing is, it doesn't seem to affect the image quality all that much although I am seeing a blur towards the top...where the lens still appears clear.
It's a mystery to me.

Anyone else ever see something similar to this to know what's going on here?

1665622339076.png1665622372141.png1665622397259.png1665622429942.png

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is it possible those thin outer protection films that you suppose to peel off was not removed when first installing the camera. And it's drying up now with time like sebastiantombs mention?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is it possible those thin outer protection films that you suppose to peel off was not removed when first installing the camera. And it's drying up now with time like sebastiantombs mention?
I initially thought the same but it is definitely on the inside of the lens cover.
Guess I'll have to figure out how to dismantle it and hopefully it is something that will just peel off. Not even sure if that area is serviceable or will break a permanent water \ vapor seal.
Just one more thing I don't have time to deal with but who needs sleep.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No, actually it is facing North, is under the eve of the garage, has a sun shade built in and only gets morning sun. It's been up about a year or so. This just suddenly happened in the last month or so I think. Plus, for what these things cost, they should be made to be in a full sun open environment, like on the front of buildings or in parking lots where they would normally get lot of sun.
I shot a message to @EMPIRETECANDY , whom I originally bought it through to see if he had any ideas what was going on or how I could fix it.