What's happening to my video? It's turning green.

localdevjs

n3wb
Reaction score
Please see attached image, this green stuff has been appearing lately in my video. I've rebooted the device several times (power reset) and also tried playing with every video format and filtering type of thing I could find in the web interface (switching from h265 to h264 etc), nothing changes.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is usually a codec issue, especially if using a VMS system other than the brand of the camera.

Try H264 without any codec. Make sure you change mainstream and substream to match. Reboot after changing.

How are you watching and seeing this - with SD card or NVR or BI or something else? If something other than just the camera, reboot it as well after the change.

localdevjs

n3wb
Reaction score
That is usually a codec issue, especially if using a VMS system other than the brand of the camera.

Try H264 without any codec. Make sure you change mainstream and substream to match. Reboot after changing.

How are you watching and seeing this - with SD card or NVR or BI or something else? If something other than just the camera, reboot it as well after the change.
I'm using tinyCam PRO on my android phone like I've been using for the last 8 months or so. I didn't change any settings on either the camera or tinyCam app and it was working perfectly for months until I just noticed this showing up the other day. I don't login to the camera every day so I don't know exactly when it first started.

Guess I can try to change the codec again and restart everything but I'm not hopeful.

Is there a way to get VLC to open the stream? I thought I had that working at one point but I forgot the URL and I remember it was complicated and finicky to create the first time.

localdevjs

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I found out how to use "ffplay" to view the camera remotely, and it looks perfectly on there while showing the green bar while connected using tinyCam on my phone at the same time. Looks like the problem might be on the tinyCam software and not the camera itself. False alarm, appreciate the replies!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a way to get VLC to open the stream? I thought I had that working at one point but I forgot the URL and I remember it was complicated and finicky to create the first time.
Just a FYI in case you still want to try VLC: the following URL should work with your Dahua cam. It's for the main stream but for sub stream make subtype=1. Place 2 "/" after "rtsp:" as forum software won't allow 2 to be shown consecutively:
Code:
rtsp:/username:password@Camera-IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

localdevjs

n3wb
Reaction score
Just a FYI in case you still want to try VLC: the following URL should work with your Dahua cam. It's for the main stream but for sub stream make subtype=1. Place 2 "/" after "rtsp:" as forum software won't allow 2 to be shown consecutively:
Code:
rtsp:/username:password@Camera-IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
That's basically the URL I used for ffplay, it works perfectly there but VLC can't play it. Very odd. I'm on linux so maybe my version is missing a plugin or something.

DeejayT

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I found out how to use "ffplay" to view the camera remotely, and it looks perfectly on there while showing the green bar while connected using tinyCam on my phone at the same time. Looks like the problem might be on the tinyCam software and not the camera itself. False alarm, appreciate the replies!
Hi, I have the same problem with the green stripe on tinyCam.
I was able to solve it by switching from Hardware to Hardware+ under Codec in the video settings.