What's new?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
What's the current hotness in IP security cams? Is the dahua starlight verifocal still the top dog?

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
4mp with a 1/1.8" sensor. More and more of these cameras coming online in the Dahau catalog.
what else did you find? i didnt see anything significant compared to the 2019 V3 catalog. i was hoping for a better varifocal or another 64mm. i see the 3 series, but that's nothing really new, just more AI and ePoE it seems.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree. Mostly refinement but then again I am not familiar with every area in the catalog so they could have slipped in a few new things. ;)

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
SD5A425XA 4mp with a 1/1.8" sensor PLUS STARLIGHT+ looks very promising but no stock anywhere yet and here in the UK from the largest Dahua supplier is expensive.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have any of these 1/1.8 sensor Startlights been varifocal turrets/eyeball cameras?
not that i've found. there is the non vari-focal variant HDW5442TM-AS with the 1.1/8" (starlight + now) they added some more camera names to eco savy, lite, pro, and some with or without AI.

the bang for the buck varifocal i think is the HDW2231T-ZS-S2 or 3241 if you want AI. or if you dont want AI or vari-focal loolka t the HDW2231AS-S2. clear as mud? I'll stare at this catalog for hours sometimes and still get confused :)

Reaction score
I have a quick question about the catalog.
Under the "Audio in/out" some cameras have "-" I assume this means no audio. Some say "1:1" some say "built-in-mic" and then some others say "1:1, Built-in-mic"
What is the difference of 1:1 and built-in-mic?
I am looking for cameras that record audio, I don't need any audio out.
Thanks