What's the point of the AI feature?

shaklee3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I've been using BI for years, but just recently decided to turn on the CP AI server. I was able to get it to detect dogs, cars, and people. I also enabled the facial recognition feature following their guide.

After doing all that, the best I can tell is that the only utility is to put boxes around the items or label things after you've seen them. I couldn't find a way to have it alert when a certain face is seen, for example. Also, the app really has no integration with this feature at all so it didn't seem to be that useful if I had to go into the server to look at things. The facial recognition feature also doesn't seem to learn faces where you can group them. You have to manually go in and add each face.

Am I missing something or is this how it is?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I've been using BI for years, but just recently decided to turn on the CP AI server. I was able to get it to detect dogs, cars, and people. I also enabled the facial recognition feature following their guide.

After doing all that, the best I can tell is that the only utility is to put boxes around the items or label things after you've seen them. I couldn't find a way to have it alert when a certain face is seen, for example. Also, the app really has no integration with this feature at all so it didn't seem to be that useful if I had to go into the server to look at things. The facial recognition feature also doesn't seem to learn faces where you can group them. You have to manually go in and add each face.

Am I missing something or is this how it is?
You are missing a lot of things...
Most people are using the AI to identify people or vehicles... They're using this to almost eliminate false alerts... This way you can set your system to be very sensitive to motion and let the AI sift through those motion detection and alert you only when there's a real person or vehicle that you may be concerned about...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! Are there instructions for only triggering when those are detected?
Yes it's all in the help file... But you don't want to only trigger when those are detected you want to always trigger... But only alert when they're detected...