what's the right bracket for a IPC-T5442T-ZE 4MP Starlight?

Dr Ian

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
just about to order and need a wall mount for a IPC-T5442T-ZE 4MP Starlight?

empiretech has two listed: pfb203-w and a PFB204 -W

Any ideas the difference

Jay Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Reaction score
Just about to mount another IPC-T5442T-ZE on the wall (smooth trowel stucco). All others I've drilled into the wall with no Wall Mount Bracket.

What are the benefits of using the PFB203W vs mounting it to the wall?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just about to mount another IPC-T5442T-ZE on the wall (smooth trowel stucco). All others I've drilled into the wall with no Wall Mount Bracket.
What did you do with the cam's pigtail? In other words, did it fit under the cam or did you have to drill a BIG 3/4" hole in the wall to fit it though?

IMO, one of the best reasons for a box or mount is so you can drill only a small, 3/8" hole (half as big as for the pigtail RJ-45) to feed the CAT-5e through, terminate with your RJ-45 male, test it, plug it into the pigtail, test operation then weather-proof the connection well, like ==>> this.

Reaction score
Thanks, @TonyR. Good point.
I did have to drill a fairly good size hole to get the pigtail through. But I think it does look a little cleaner mounted to the outside of the garage.
Here's a peek at one of my existing cams.
Your suggestion is to get the junction box AND the mount?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, @TonyR. Good point.
I did have to drill a fairly good size hole to get the pigtail through. But I think it does look a little cleaner mounted to the outside of the garage.
Here's a peek at one of my existing cams.
Your suggestion is to get the junction box AND the mount?
Negative, one or the other.
@looney2ns took care of ya, me and the missus were literally, out to lunch. :cool: