When it all goes wrong

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
In this video it’s clear there is equal blame as to why this accident happened. In no way does it excuse the driver from simply driving away.

But, it’s very clear she had the right of way and the bicyclists entered the intersection on a hard red.

Regardless, you have a person that obviously will suffer some kind of injury because he didn’t obey the rules of the road.

You have the driver who did have the right of way and not expecting to see anyone enter the intersection and than hit the biker.

Again, she has zero excuse for driving away. More than likely any court would have found her innocent of the accident and the biker would have been found at fault and guilty of not obeying the street lights, waiting his turn, and thus was hit.

All around this could have ended differently!

Keep your head on a swivel. Always assume someone will do something stupid like run a red light or simply break when you least expect it! Never mind seeing people actually use the turn signals to (legally required) to call out your intention and direction of travel!

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
She never even tapped the brakes....probably push on the accelerator.
Pretty much just zipped by and kept going. I can only imagine how many accidents she’s probably been involved in and just kept going.

I don’t know that to be true . . .

But more often than not when you see a person just keep going something is up.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Pretty much just zipped by and kept going. I can only imagine how many accidents she’s probably been involved in and just kept going.

I don’t know that to be true . . .

But more often than not when you see a person just keep going something is up.
She needed some time for the booze to wear off before she reported it.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any one notice how, no one came to assist him. Guy had to get himself up and walk to the side walk, and once at the side walk people were still going about their business. I agree with @Sybertiger she must have had a few drinks.
At least everyone didn't whip out their cell phones to start recording.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Any one notice how, no one came to assist him. Guy had to get himself up and walk to the side walk, and once at the side walk people were still going about their business. I agree with @Sybertiger she must have had a few drinks.
I was really hoping others picked up on that problem too! There are millions of stories and videos showing a person in need.

People simply carry on and do absolutely nothing?!?

It’s absolutely disgusting to see this! A person doesn’t need to physically offer first aid it could be as simple as waving down some help.

Calling 911 than fucking off!

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The cyclist didn't even glance in the direction of the car.
This one is totally clear cut from the video. Could the driver have been found at fault without such good evidence and the bicyclist saying he had the green light? In Oregon bicycles on the road are yet another politically protected class. There are some laws that have language like " constitutes prima facie evidence ...... if the passing results in injury to or the death of the person operating the bicycle. " In other words, the car driver is guilty unless he can prove otherwise. Bicycles are now allowed to run stop signs. They're supposed to look and be safe and all that, but in a he-said-she-said situation, the car driver is automatically guilty. I'm scared to let my vehicle get anywhere near a bike on the road and often just slow down and stay behind them until I have a lot of buffer space should they swerve or fall.

Reaction score
I am a bike rider, and I never block traffic. I ride on the sidewalk no matter how long my ride is. It's common sense that bikers hold up traffic and they still do not care. Until they put biking lanes on all roads for us bikers, I will still get the hell out of traffic. And even when I have a bike lane to ride, if there is a sidewalk I'm still on it. Because most drivers are careless as hell and could care less about what is going on outside the bubble they are driving. When I'm driving I could pass five cars and 4 of them would be looking at their damn phones.:mad:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I am a bike rider, and I never block traffic. I ride on the sidewalk no matter how long my ride is. It's common sense that bikers hold up traffic and they still do not care. Until they put biking lanes on all roads for us bikers, I will still get the hell out of traffic. And even when I have a bike lane to ride, if there is a sidewalk I'm still on it. Because most drivers are careless as hell and could care less about what is going on outside the bubble they are driving. When I'm driving I could pass five cars and 4 of them would be looking at their damn phones.:mad:
A friend of mine (biking enthusiast) was killed outside of Vegas years ago. He had biked from LA to Vegas with a friend then was going to solo from Vegas to Utah (as I recall). He didn't get far out of Vegas before some lady driver minding the kids in the backseat veered off the road onto the shoulder. He died instantly. He must have been around 30 years old back then.