Where and what cameras type ?

fabads

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi IPCamTalk community,

First of all I'm new on this forum. I'm living in a small village in south of France and I'd like to install surveillance IP cameras + additionaly an IP outdoor station (Dahua VTO2000a, anybody knows ?).
I spent hours to read the forum but need some advice to choose the right camera type (or types).
A picture is maybe better than words. My house is around 55 meters from the entry gate.
I'd like to install outdoor cameras (under eaves of the house) in order to cover the whole garden and of course the entrance.
In my situation, what is suggested ? PTZ or fixed cameras ?
Can I imagine to get IR range up to the entrance ? I saw a longse cam with IR range of 60 m ....

Fab

myHouse.jpg

Reaction score
Hi frenchie,

I'm from Paris and I've installed a Dahua VTO2000A intercom with a VTH1550CH indoor monitor (to receive push notifications on my smartphone) and a VTNS1060A to power all the items by POE. Works great but It's quite difficult to install cause Dahua Company works only with professionals, so you don't have that much informations on the way to do it ! But if you feel it, go for it ! The Dahua cameras are very well buildt, got a very good quality and the applications (on windows or android) work great. There is a reseller in France called jemesecurise.com. I didn't buy in his shop ( by aliexpress and I had to pay taxes !) but he helped me a lot. Feel free to contact him or me via MP.
In your case, I think you don't need a PTZ camera but a camera with a motorized zoom like IPC-HF4300R-VF or SD42212 (with PTZ) if you can afford it ...

fabads

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi frenchie,

I'm from Paris and I've installed a Dahua VTO2000A intercom with a VTH1550CH indoor monitor (to receive push notifications on my smartphone) and a VTNS1060A to power all the items by POE. Works great but It's quite difficult to install cause Dahua Company works only with professionals, so you don't have that much informations on the way to do it ! But if you feel it, go for it ! The Dahua cameras are very well buildt, got a very good quality and the applications (on windows or android) work great. There is a reseller in France called jemesecurise.com. I didn't buy in his shop ( by aliexpress and I had to pay taxes !) but he helped me a lot. Feel free to contact him or me via MP.
In your case, I think you don't need a PTZ camera but a camera with a motorized zoom like IPC-HF4300R-VF or SD42212 (with PTZ) if you can afford it ...
Hi galaksy,

Thank you for your message and advice. For Dahua vto2000a, I was expecting to buy the same combination as you proposed. I will try to order items separately and avoid DHL to avoid custom fees. I know the site jemesecurise and already contacted the guy but prices are quite expensive (multiplied by ~2).

Do you know if it's possible to catch the video flow of the vto2000a (to consider it also as a surveillance cam)?

Thanks for Dahua cams reference. I will have a look. I'm currently looking to Longse cams (especially 5MP cams) reviewed by Klasipca.

Reaction score
You can catch the flow only in h264 using à RTSP command but no MPJG via http.

fabads

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I wake up this thread as I'm always looking for cameras for my residence. I think I will go to turrets but still need your help to make the right decision.
What do you think about Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I or Dahua IPC-HDW4421C. Both are 4MP cameras. I think it should be sufficient to get a rough idea of what's happening at home! But maybe I'm wrong in both ways (it seems 4MP at night do not bring so good results).
It's my first system and do no want to spend so much!

spencnor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi frenchie,

Hi galaksy2001, I've been considering this same setup, Dahua VTO2000A and VTH1550CH for my front door intercom. May I ask what software you use for this setup? Are you using the Dahua software? Also, I assume this intercom setup can be powered by any PoE switch and not only the Dahua VTSN1060A. I am using Blue Iris with my Hikvision cameras. Also, from reading this forum I installed the Huisin/Imporx 10x PTZ as a LPR camera. This PTZ also works well for general daytime viewing. I just have a preset for LPR use. Thanks for your input. :)

Reaction score
Yes, i've used the dahua config tools software for the setup. It's very usefull, particularly to set the static IP of both items from 192.168.1.xxx to 192.168.0.xxx , which range is the one of my router.

Reaction score
Yes, i've used the Dahua config tools software for the setup. It's very usefull, particularly to set the static IP of both items from 192.168.1.xxx to 192.168.0.xxx , which range is the one of my router. Sorry but what's the meaning of LPR ? Lonesome Poor Zoom ?

spencnor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, i've used the dahua config tools software for the setup. It's very usefull, particularly to set the static IP of both items from 192.168.1.xxx to 192.168.0.xxx , which range is the one of my router.
Thank you for your help. I'm going to order this intercom setup to complete my camera system. I started with 6 cameras and I'm now at 8. This should be the last one! :rolleyes:

One more question, is it required to use the Dahua VTNS1060A PoE for this? That is, can I use my standard PoE switch to connect these units?

smp72

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, got your PM but couldn't reply with post could <5. Im really happy with my intercom so far. I bought the Dahua VTNS1060A switch because I had 3 monitors and the door station. I bought this from Aliexpress and it didnt come with a power supply. I noted this in the Aliexpress feedback.

Also the door station your looking at requires a mounting box for both flush and surface mount I think. Maybe check this?

fabads

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you remember the seller?

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk

spencnor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you all for your responses. I've been looking at the Dahua website and their data sheets. Information about this is not easy to find on their website. I'm going to order this combination and the mounting back box. I can order the VTSN1060A later if it doesn't work with my PoE switch.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are some russian and dutch or danish youtube videos on dahua intercom systems that are the most complete source I've found. Good luck with auto caption translation... it's pretty comical

Hikvision also has intercom/access control now, but all info is in Chinese.

Reaction score
@ spencnor : you need the VTNS1060A PoE switch to get POE functionality for the VTO2000A and VTH1550CH. Dahua use different wires to send alimentation ...

spencnor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ spencnor : you need the VTNS1060A PoE switch to get POE functionality for the VTO2000A and VTH1550CH. Dahua use different wires to send alimentation ...
Thank you galaksy2001 for following up on this - much appreciated :). I haven't pull the trigger on this yet. I'm in the middle of another project - replacing 1400 sq. ft. of flooring:mad-new:. I will plan for the VTS1060A PoE.

pkozul

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

Has anyone managed to get any other PoE switch (besides Dahua's VTNS1060A) to work with their Dahua gear?

I have spare ports on my TP-Link PoE switch and would like to use that. I plugged my Dahua VTO2000A intercom into the switch, but it did not power up.

Cheers,
Pete