Where are the Log Files?

Reaction score
I'm trying to validate my proxy is passing the correct IPs but I cannot find any log files... where are they?

Edit: I submitted this a bit too quick. I meant to clarify that in the console, on the Log tab it shows c:\BlueIris\log\%Y%m.txt as the log location but there is nothing in there. On the log tab it shows the startup of the service but nothing after that and the connections tab is just blank.

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What shows on the Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph) log page, Screen shot.
on this page is save to log file checked ( bottom left on screen) .

The information you are looking for may be in the connections tab.

Reaction score
What shows on the Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph) log page, Screen shot.
on this page is save to log file checked ( bottom left on screen) .

The information you are looking for may be in the connections tab.
It was not checked... Oh man what a dumb oversight on my part. Not sure how I missed that. Do you know if there is any way to save the connections tab to file? I just realized that it actually was outputting information to the connections tab but every time the service is restarted the tab is cleared. It's also not terribly detailed. I'd like to have a more in-depth and historical view of attempted logins.

Reaction score
I just realized that it actually was outputting information to the connections tab but every time the service is restarted the tab is cleared. It's also not terribly detailed. I'd like to have a more in-depth and historical view of attempted logins.
The log file is much more detailed. My January 2021 file is 72,603 lines long.

Reaction score
Well didn't you fix that in your post #3?
I think that got me most of the way there. But that log doesn't have any information on failed login attempts or anything of that nature. I'd like to be able to log if someone is trying to access the server. In the connections tab I can see my failed login attempts and they turn red when I try too many times and temporarily block.... however that information disappears on service restart and it doesn't appear to be written to disk anywhere. Though, I see people reference failed login attempts in notepad or notepad++ so I thought it must be an option somewhere?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think that got me most of the way there. But that log doesn't have any information on failed login attempts or anything of that nature. I'd like to be able to log if someone is trying to access the server. In the connections tab I can see my failed login attempts and they turn red when I try too many times and temporarily block.... however that information disappears on service restart and it doesn't appear to be written to disk anywhere. Though, I see people reference failed login attempts in notepad or notepad++ so I thought it must be an option somewhere?
No, other than copy and paste in another location.

RedSn0w

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue here, log files are empty and viewing recent login attempts within the Blue Iris UI is not the solution I am looking for. For anyone else that needs help with this, here is my solution. In Blue Iris, click on settings, users, edit user, actions -> on login / on logout. From here you can set up different notifications for when users log in, for me, I set up an MQTT message to Node-Red, which then sends my Apple Watch a notification via Home Assistant when someone logs into Blue Iris. This gives me a bit of peace of mind, and of course, you can set up further automation with Node-Red to make a log file too. I'm going to contact the dev of Blue Iris and see if they can add an 'on failed login' or 'on IP ban' option so I can see if someone is trying to do a brute force attack.
In either case, I wouldn't recommend exposing Blue Iris to the public-facing internet anyway, even through a reverse proxy.