Where can I find a good IP camera recorder?

Rick01984

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I currently have 4 IP camera's setup around the outside of the house. I went for the cheaper option and purchased from China as I am not trying to protect Buckingham Palace :), I'm just wanting basic security, which to be honest they do a good job for £150 for 4x 1080p camera's.
All the cameras run through Ethernet cables to the router and then from the router to my computer running Blue iris that records 24/7. I would like to change this set up as I would like to view the picture of all 4 IP cameras on my TV through HDMI when I would like. So if someone rings the doorbell for example, I can simply switch source to HDMI 2 to see who it. I also don't really want my PC running 24/7 any more for recording as I also use this PC as a server for Plex.

My question is, what is out there for IP camera's for recording directly to its internal hard drive that has direct input for Ethernet for the cameras that has a HDMI output? Because I'm struggling to find anything half decent that IS NOT from China this time :).

I hope I have made sense :) and thank you for any help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I currently have 4 IP camera's setup around the outside of the house. I went for the cheaper option and purchased from China as I am not trying to protect Buckingham Palace :), I'm just wanting basic security, which to be honest they do a good job for £150 for 4x 1080p camera's.
All the cameras run through Ethernet cables to the router and then from the router to my computer running Blue iris that records 24/7. I would like to change this set up as I would like to view the picture of all 4 IP cameras on my TV through HDMI when I would like. So if someone rings the doorbell for example, I can simply switch source to HDMI 2 to see who it. I also don't really want my PC running 24/7 any more for recording as I also use this PC as a server for Plex.

My question is, what is out there for IP camera's for recording directly to its internal hard drive that has direct input for Ethernet for the cameras that has a HDMI output? Because I'm struggling to find anything half decent that IS NOT from China this time :).

I hope I have made sense :) and thank you for any help.
everything will be from china....unless you pay some serious cash....and even then its likely built in china...a standalone NVR will never have all the features of blue iris...if you insist on a standalone unit its best to match your NVR to the camera brand..

rdagger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I hooked up the HDMI out from my NVR to a QAM modulator I picked up on eBay. The surveillance video is combined with cable TV. Now all of my TV’s can watch the cameras on channel 98.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I know this is an old post, do you know what happened to the link? I've finally had time to dabble into pi's/

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can also use an Apple TV to stream the NVR over the network