Where can I find PCNVR software from Hikvision?

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could download PCNVR from Hikvision? I want to try it on my computer. Thanks.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Of the three pieces which one is the PCNVR? I have client installed on one computer and someone suggested I put the PCNVR on another is why I ask. I thought there was a download called PCNVR. Is it storage?

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got it figured out.
I do have another question though. I have 2 hdd in the computer now. 1 OS and 1for all the storage. When I get to configuring the HDD parameters it wants to format the one drive. That drive has info on it. Will it erase all of the info? If so, I may need to just buy another hdd.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It says here The total space of preallocated HDDs should be no less than channel number*0.5G
The original data of preallocated HDDs will not be deleted. I guess I didn't quite understand that. I'm glad I asked first.
So basically, I need a new hard drive and add it in to my computer. Do you recommend an actual surveillance hdd like a WD Purple or the Seagate surveillance hdd?

cainrand

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have hundreds of failed Seagate drives on my shelf so my personal opinion towards Seagate is to avoid them. I have had really good luck with Western Digital and for storage drives I prefer Western Digital Red. If you want to go with surveillance drives then you might want to look at WD Purple.