where do i buy a sata cable for uniview motherboards and what is its name?

poweruser1

n3wb
Reaction score
at 1:46 u can see the cable
by searching sata 4 to 15 pin i cant find it anywhere so im not searching the right terms

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Amazon is a good place to start. In the search box put sata to 4 pin power cable.

Remember this cable only provides power. You will also need a data cable.

If you want a more local source, try Google with the same search argument.

poweruser1

n3wb
Reaction score
Amazon is a good place to start. In the search box put sata to 4 pin power cable.

Remember this cable only provides power. You will also need a data cable.

If you want a more local source, try Google with the same search argument.
by searching sata to 4 pin i get molex cables

I found
can u tell me if this works?

btw sata data cables are universal
EDIT: response from uniview
Power cable-0.32m-H4(2.5)-(20UL1061 Red+2*20UL1061 Black+20UL1061 Yellow)-(SATA POWER)
SATA cable-0.26m-SATA(7)-UL2725((2C*30AWG+A)+4E*30AWG)-SATA(7)-Blue

Actually, as long as the cable can connect the HDD, it should work.

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Local electronics shop should be having them

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - NVRs typically use standard cables for SATA...

In the USA numerous vendors have them.

Reaction score
Probably showing my age here, but that looks a lot like a FLOPPY power connector (Berg connector - Wikipedia) to SATA power connector. Something like this: Amazon.com: 4-Pin Floppy Drive to 15 Pin SATA Male Power Cable: Computers & Accessories

the color code sequence RED-BLACK-BLACK-YELLOW looks right also, maybe worth checking the voltages tho accordingly to the wikipedia pinout. However, some SATA drives may require the 3.3v so make sure the hard drive you are installing does not have that requirement as it wouldn't be available via this connector/adapter (or from MOLEX to SATA PWR either)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

poweruser1

n3wb
Reaction score
Probably showing my age here, but that looks a lot like a FLOPPY power connector (Berg connector - Wikipedia) to SATA power connector. Something like this: Amazon.com: 4-Pin Floppy Drive to 15 Pin SATA Male Power Cable: Computers & Accessories

the color code sequence RED-BLACK-BLACK-YELLOW looks right also, maybe worth checking the voltages tho accordingly to the wikipedia pinout. However, some SATA drives may require the 3.3v so make sure the hard drive you are installing does not have that requirement as it wouldn't be available via this connector/adapter (or from MOLEX to SATA PWR either)
the right one is female floppy to female sata

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

JDA78

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm jumping on here because I just tried installing a SATA HD I already had into a Uniview NVR but the power cable does appear to be non-standard. I can't find one ANYwhere online that will work. It seems very peculiar!

Male SATA into HDD is 15-pin.

Uniview say the specification is 0.32m-H4(2.5))-(20UL1061 red+2*20UL1061 black+20UL1061 yellow)-(SATA POWER)

Any clues where I can find a power cable or am I going to have to bite the bullet and buy a HD from the NVR supplier? Was just hoping to use a perfectly good one that is a) more environmentally friendly and b) more financially economical!

Attachments

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm jumping on here because I just tried installing a SATA HD I already had into a Uniview NVR but the power cable does appear to be non-standard. I can't find one ANYwhere online that will work. It seems very peculiar!

Male SATA into HDD is 15-pin.

Uniview say the specification is 0.32m-H4(2.5))-(20UL1061 red+2*20UL1061 black+20UL1061 yellow)-(SATA POWER)

Any clues where I can find a power cable or am I going to have to bite the bullet and buy a HD from the NVR supplier? Was just hoping to use a perfectly good one that is a) more environmentally friendly and b) more financially economical!
Try to measure the dimensions of the connector and spacing of the pins (on center) in mm. I'm guessing they're 2.0mm (based on what I assume to be the 2.54mm spacing of the berg connector in your photo), and it may be something like a JST PH or JST PA connector. Googling that doesn't turn up much.

EDIT: If the pins are 2mm, this might work: 4 Pin PH 2.0mm Female to 15 Pin SATA Female HDD Power Supply Cable for Mini ITX | eBay

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Heavyopp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.