Where do I get new firmware file? IPC-HFW4421

Jtcarlson1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

Setting up a system for first time. Ordered 7 x Dahua IPC-HFW4421S and they working great. Some of them have 7.R builds ad some have 8.R builds. I would live to update the firmware on all of them to the latest one. Where do I get that file for to update to? I have looked all over the web with no luck.

Thanks
Joe

Setup:
Windows 10 - OptiPlex 5040 Mini
Intel Core i7-6700
8GB DDR3L 1600MHz
6TB Purple Drive
Netgrear ProSafe GS110TP
7 x Dahua IPC-HFW4421S
Running Blue Iris

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
+1 only way is to ask your vendor. But I'm not sure why you want to update them, are the 7.R ones having an issue fixed by 8.R ?

Jtcarlson1

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok I will check with seller.

No issues with either build. All cameras working good. The 7.R seems to have more tabs and few features that the newer 8.R doesn't. Both builds are from mid 2015 was all. Is it not a good idea to have the latest build out from Dahua on them all?

Thanks
Joe

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok I will check with seller.

No issues with either build. All cameras working good. The 7.R seems to have more tabs and few features that the newer 8.R doesn't. Both builds are from mid 2015 was all. Is it not a good idea to have the latest build out from Dahua on them all?

Thanks
Joe
If it works it's best not to touch the firmware. Most of the issues on here are from people bricking their cameras because they updated their firmware. Or they updated their firmware and there system doesn't work anymore.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it works it's best not to touch the firmware. Most of the issues on here are from people bricking their cameras because they updated their firmware. Or they updated their firmware and there system doesn't work anymore.
+1 I found that finding the correct firmware for my Dahua cameras very difficult. Trust the vendor only. Finding firmware on the web will convert your cameras to paperweights.

Reaction score
Hello All,

Setting up a system for first time. Ordered 7 x Dahua IPC-HFW4421S and they working great. Some of them have 7.R builds ad some have 8.R builds. I would live to update the firmware on all of them to the latest one. Where do I get that file for to update to? I have looked all over the web with no luck.

Thanks
Joe
Hi Joe!
Here's a link to what I believe is the latest firmware for the HFW4421 camera - I purchased 4 of them from onarmorsecurity on Amazon and they have been nice enough to supply me with new firmware whenever I ask.
(this IS for our camera and I'm using it...just not positive it's the latest) :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9343957/General_IPC-HX4X2X-Themis_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.400.0000.15.R.20160623.bin

This is dated 06/23/16 so check yours and see if this is newer.

(Note - see the "mask" on the filename as this firmware is for any model number in the format Hx4x2x)

I have a message in to see if there's a newer one than this - possible, although I asked a few months ago and there wasn't one.

If this is newer than yours, will notice several neat changes. Also, since you use Blue Iris there is an option I discovered doesn't work so well with that program so I stopped using it - I can discuss it more after you load the firmware.

-Greg

Reaction score
Good Evening Greg,

I also would need the file. The download link is down.
Can you please put it up again ? Greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
James

Reaction score
Hi James!
I will locate the latest file and send you a link for it (probably a dropbox link)
I will try and do this tonight :)

-Greg

Reaction score
No prob! Glad to help...I know how tough it is to find firmware for these Dahua cams, so when I finally found a source I almost fell over! I will let you know if I find a newer version :)

-Greg