Where do you get high quality lens replacement?

ml2000id

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision DS-2cd2032f-i unit that is 3 MP but need to replace the lens with a 8mm lens. I have had bad experience before with random ebay lens replacement - the lens would bottom out before I can get it to focus. Furthermore I want the replacement lens to be of good quality, as I want to capture license plate if possible.

A side question, why does the lens selection websites ask about the sensor size of your camera? Is it to ensure full coverage of the larger sensor sizes? So if I have a 1/3" sensor, I could use a lens meant for 1/2.7"?

I have looked at m12lenses.com, are they reputable and have good quality lenses? Are there any other options (that ship overseas)?

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
personaly I buy mine from banggood, especially the 12 and 16mm, they also provide M12 lens extender because for 12 and 16mm or higher you may have to "unscrew" to the max and it could be too short depending the M12 mount you have.

But take care about the 25/35/50mm I am not confident in quality, also do not buy those cheap multiple sizes packs, lens quality is not good (my opinion).

ml2000id

n3wb
Reaction score
I see, so banggood is kinda like aliexpress or dealextreme. Thanks for the heads up

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I see, so banggood is kinda like aliexpress or dealextreme. Thanks for the heads up
Well AliExpress has far more IPCam/Lens oriented products but yes it's like AliExpress, DealExtreme or GearBest and they accept PayPal

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
A side question, why does the lens selection websites ask about the sensor size of your camera? Is it to ensure full coverage of the larger sensor sizes? So if I have a 1/3" sensor, I could use a lens meant for 1/2.7"?
Yes, the sensor size must be matched to the lens. The sensor is the "target" that the images is projected onto.

I have looked at m12lenses.com
I had good experience with their lenses.