where have all the affordable PZT cameras gone?

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did put that in but nothing ever came up. Then I did find it and got rid of my post but you beat me to the draw.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, looking at the specs, the Hikvision is able to see farther in the dark. Not much, but still farther.
It might be able to see further but it will be inferior to the dahua in the dark and I've a funny feeling it will be a lot as well looking at the specs the dahua starlights have a much bigger sensor

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, I kind of figured. I don't know whether to wait and get something later or not.
I'm in the same position
I'm looking for a couple of indoor cams.

I've been looking with interest at a couple of dahua starlights.
HDBW4231F-AS (this is a fixed lens so no ptz)
SD1A203T-GN (this one is a ptz)

I've got 4 turrets on the outside of my property so I know the low light capability is great.

I started initially on the hikvision cams as they were superior a few years ago, but for me dahua are just ahead in today's tech.

That and the fact that hikvision cameras are getting harder and harder to source reliably, whereas dahua are getting easier thanks to Andy @EMPIRETECANDY

hikwpg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It might be able to see further but it will be inferior to the dahua in the dark and I've a funny feeling it will be a lot as well looking at the specs the dahua starlights have a much bigger sensor
They are very similar.
The Dahua is literally a hair better.
If you turn on the slow shutter on the Hik, it gets way better, but slight ghosting above 4x.

I like my Dahua , but the Hik is better overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk