where is blue iris support???

mookie27

n3wb
Reaction score
I updated my pc to windows 10 and now I am asked to enter my license number due to obvious BI bug. I cannot locate it. And after 6 emails to blue iris requesting it, I have not received one response. BI if pretty much useless now. Is there any support at all?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I updated my pc to windows 10 and now I am asked to enter my license number due to obvious BI bug. I cannot locate it. And after 6 emails to blue iris requesting it, I have not received one response. BI if pretty much useless now. Is there any support at all?
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/12699-Blue-Iris-Website-(and-email)-issues
Regardless, its not the job of the developer to keep tabs on keys. Most other software developers dont. Check your email, a key was sent at the time of purchase if you purchased from the blue iris website direct.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you sending your email to a correct Blue Iris email address?

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I always try to save my product keys in the same folder as the install file. I upgraded to W10 and same thing happened, BI asked for my key. I entered my key and everything was back to normal, didn't lose any settings.

mja01

n3wb
Reaction score
It's worth having a FREE Google Drive Account (15G FREE) to store important doc, like keys, etc in the cloud. I'm glad I did so I could get it easily when I had to rebuild my PC.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Aside from contacting them via the wrong email currently, if he didn't disable the software on his old computer he's going to have an issue activating it on the new computer too. Just something to keep in mine when changing from one machine to another.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How to transfer Blue Iris to a new computer...

1) Blue Iris Options > About > Export Settings (on the old computer)

2) Blue Iris Options > About > "Deactivate" (on the old computer)

3) Install BI on the new computer

4) Enter your Blue Iris License Key to activate Blue Iris(on the new computer)

5) Blue Iris Options > About > "Inport v4 .reg" (on the new computer)