Where is smart search?

Cfwiggum

n3wb
Reaction score
NVR: DS-7608NI-E2/8P
FW: V3.4.98 build 171121

My goal was to use continuous recording with various events being sent to the NVR. The problem I'm having is during playback I want it to skip to just the events. I've read I'm supposed to select a top-left drop down and switch it to "smart." My UI doesn't seem to have that option and it says I'm on the latest firmware. Did they remove that capability? The only way I can get it to skip to events is not to use continuous record and only record the events.

In the screenshot you can see when it was set to continuous it also marked the events but no matter which timeline is highlighted, it just plays the continuous stream.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Through the web GUI you have to advance to the next event manually with the mouse and by enlarging the time scale for more accuracy. There is no smart functionality in the web GUI interface. The smart functionality is only available in the native (VGA/HDMI) interface of the NVR.

Cfwiggum

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer, that is disappointing. I don't want to dedicate a monitor and mouse setup and stoop over the NVR to review playback. I want the NVR to remain hiding out but reviewable within the LAN.