Where to buy

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just connected the EVL-4 this morning before work and got it up and running in about 45 mins. The EVL-4 mounted to my vista 20p via double-stick foam tape and wired into the same terminals as the keypads. I plugged the cat6 into the EVL-4 and the other end directly into my router (had an open port). I put power back to the panel and followed the setup steps regarding report codes. I didn't have to program the keypad address as the EVL-4 came programed with address=18 from the factory to allow for two keypads that may already be programmed on location.
Once all of the hardware is connected and working, you log onto the EVL-4 locally. I went into my router 192.168.1.1 and saw that the EVL-4 had picked up 192...180 and set it as static. I then entered the IP of the EVL-4 and was prompted for log on info. This part took a few mins as the instructions did NOT say what the default log on credentials were. The log on info ended up being user and user and the browser opened up to a config screen where you could set additional network parameters and view the status of the connection. I then set the EVL-4 to static, changed the password, and went to the eyezon website to view the actual GUI. From there it was fairly straight forward.

There was a section where you could generate a mobile link which I emailed to myself and setup a short cut on my android OS home screen. That was about it!

If anyone wants screenshots or pictures, let me know. I did the install quickly before work so everything is from memory.