Which Bells Reign Supreme?

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a certain doorbell or two that stands above the rest? It would be great to see a shootout amongst the top contenders.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you know when that article was written? I hate when their is no date...

More importantly, important contenders are absent, where is the: amcrest, rca, hikvision, Dahua and Ubiquiti UNIFI Protect doorbells? I wonder what the real contenders are. Sadly this consumer reports data seems useless.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you know when that article was written? I hate when their is no date...

More importantly, important contenders are absent, where is the: amcrest, rca, hikvision, Dahua and Ubiquiti UNIFI Protect doorbells? I wonder what the real contenders are. Sadly this consumer reports data seems useless.
You missed the date (shown at the header of the article), just like you missed the point of the article.
It's Consumer Reports, focused on the best selling consumer models.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You missed the date (shown at the header of the article),
DsineR, my apologies, rest assured that I appreciate your contribution to this thread however I’m not seeing a date, perhaps this is related to the mobile version of the site. Here’s what my over-priced iPhone shows before listing doorbell cams. Also, some if not all of the missing brands could be considered in that roundup. Thanks!

Attachments

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DsineR, my apologies, rest assured that I appreciate your contribution to this thread however I’m not seeing a date, perhaps this is related to the mobile version of the site. Here’s what my over-priced iPhone shows before listing doorbell cams. Also, some if not all of the missing brands could be considered in that roundup. Thanks!
No worries, probably a mobile thing - article was written 08/13/20.
Link here.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is very clear from the top 5 at DsineR listed as CR picks, that they're not evaluating cameras from the same view as many of us will.

At this time, I am still unhappy with many of the products available in this category.

Nest Hello
Wisenet SmartCam D1
SimpliSafe Doorbell Pro SS3
Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus
August View