Which Camera Location Do You Think Is Better (Pictures)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I think I will keep this location but make up a special bracket and lower the camera. Maybe 15" or so. I will have to scope things out. The camera is a Hikvision DS-2CD2087G2-LU-4K in 2.8MM. It has excellent night vision.

Reaction score
I have always been able to see who has come to my front door. People tend to stand a few feet from the door. However seeing packages left by the delivery people has always been a problem for the most part and that is why I decided to do something about. My wife likes the 2nd location better. :)
Enough said, wife made the decision. Remember happy wife...........

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I played with it some this morning. I did manage to lower it maybe 5 inches with the materials I had on hand. I also moved it to the left maybe 4" and forward some. There was too much light from my security lights last night and the lights on the camera did not come on and that is why I moved it forward and made some other adjustments. We shall see what tonight brings.

Camera 1F Relocated 092621.jpg

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A Boobie cam or a wedge cam with 2.8mm lens, at the red circle area, mounted at 5-6ft. That is your garage wall correct? It would be fairly simple to get cable through the garage wall to that location. But you would have to move the mail box or it would be in the field of view. The porch light, would probably require some shading so light doesn't affect the domes with reflections. Paint cams same color as your stucco, and 99% of folks would never see it.
Boobie cam to view pointed down for packages and the other cam for face's at the door.

The other option is the yellow location on the left of the door, choice of either cam.

I have both cams available, if theres' anything you like for me to try with those cams, just give the word.

Review-dahua-ipc-hdbw4231f-e2-m-dual-starlight-cam Note: there is a newer updated version of this cam on the immediate horizon as soon as a couple of quicks are ironed out.

Dahua-Review of IPC-HDBW4231E-AS Mini Dome Starlight Cam | IP Cam Talk

Camera 1F Relocated 092621.jpg

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
A Boobie cam or a wedge cam with 2.8mm lens, at the red circle area, mounted at 5-6ft. That is your garage wall correct? It would be fairly simple to get cable through the garage wall to that location. But you would have to move the mail box or it would be in the field of view. The porch light, would probably require some shading so light doesn't affect the domes with reflections. Paint cams same color as your stucco, and 99% of folks would never see it.
Boobie cam to view pointed down for packages and the other cam for face's at the door.

The other option is the yellow location on the left of the door, choice of either cam.

I have both cams available, if theres' anything you like for me to try with those cams, just give the word.

Review-dahua-ipc-hdbw4231f-e2-m-dual-starlight-cam Note: there is a newer updated version of this cam on the immediate horizon as soon as a couple of quicks are ironed out.

Dahua-Review of IPC-HDBW4231E-AS Mini Dome Starlight Cam | IP Cam Talk

View attachment 102901
Yes, that is the garage wall. Thank You for the suggestions.

Last edited:

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With your new location, curious what it would look like if you span it 90degree to "corridor" mode, with the top edge of the image at the top of the door like it is now.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
With your new location, curious what it would look like if you span it 90degree to "corridor" mode, with the top edge of the image at the top of the door like it is now.
I tried that, however the image seems to be the same. I cannot seem to get a corridor mode out of this camera. I will try again and maybe count the bricks.

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well just spinning it and tilting your head sideways you'd expect to see more given the horizontal FOV is wider than the vertical FOV.
So with the horizontal now aligned to the top of the door, you should see the whole of the second post at the "bottom" of the image.

Cam spec says it has a rotate image feature (corridor by another name), tho it's going to look odd with the bullet mounted sideways, sure.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Well just spinning it and tilting your head sideways you'd expect to see more given the horizontal FOV is wider than the vertical FOV.
So with the horizontal now aligned to the top of the door, you should see the whole of the second post at the "bottom" of the image.

Cam spec says it has a rotate image feature (corridor by another name), tho it's going to look odd with the bullet mounted sideways, sure.
Well I did rotate the picture 90 degrees along with the camera itself. Here is the photo. However the display picture with IVMN-4200 on my monitor is squished for some reason in this mode. :( It does not look like the photo.

Camera 1B Corridor Mode 092721.jpg

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd think there'd be a setting in IVMN-4200 for that camera that could cure that relating to aspect ratio or such.

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It should be auto fixed by the cam sending the resolution as (for example ) 1080x1920 instead of 1920x1080. there might be a setting like "maintain aspect ratio" but TBH I dont play with the Hik's much.
I think the results aint too bad, it would certainly give you more area viewed, which is often more important than trying to make it look "realistic"

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Good idea. I will take a look at that later today. I have a couple of sprinkler heads that I have to change out.