Which event/alarm type you prefer?

kadkam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

Which type of event/alarm/notify you prefer for obtain a good result on capture (no fake alarm).

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
PIR, if not that, some sort of IVS, like tripwire

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

kadkam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
PIR motion detection use infrared heat source sensing, it can only detect objects that move across sensors that have a heat differential like a human or animal. It can not detect shadows, street lights or branches swaying in the breeze; For my Hikvision is necessay an external IR.

IVS tripwire is the cross line alarm... problem is that the recorded video stop after x seconds if the line is not cross again.

OK!

while, suppose the criminal steals the camera, which tricks you suggest for have high definition video and images save (I have a single camera with microsd) ?

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
PIR motion detection use infrared heat source sensing, it can only detect objects that move across sensors that have a heat differential like a human or animal. It can not detect shadows, street lights or branches swaying in the breeze; For my Hikvision is necessay an external IR.

IVS tripwire is the cross line alarm... problem is that the recorded video stop after x seconds if the line is not cross again.

OK!

while, suppose the criminal steals the camera, which tricks you suggest for have high definition video and images save (I have a single camera with microsd) ?

my cameras take snapshots when triggered and email them off site, you can also try to lock your NVR box up in a sturdy metal box bolted to something not easily moved, in the end, the camera can pretty much be defeated by a cheap mask, but you can still hope to get other details, perhaps their car, license plate, etc. Cameras and PIR sensors should only be a few layers of your total security plan.