Which IP Camera to buy that supports ONVIF

Reaction score
Hello!

I did buy 2 IP Cameras named Sricam SP020 720P that was supposed to support Onvif as I am a programmer and need to use the Pan/Tilt/Zoom functions with Onvif from a PC application.

The above camera is supposed to support Onvif but even the "Onvif Device Manager" PC software can't Pan or Tilt using this camera as it gives an "underlying connection was closed" error
message as soon one tries to Pan/Tilt. The mobile APP that comes with that camera can't change any port settings for Onvif.

My question is. I am after a cheap camera which has a web interface where it is possible to do settings for the onvif port. The camera must also support all three:
- Pan
- Tilt
- Zoom

Anyone have an idéa of such cheap as possible IP camera as I need to buy 25 cameras?
Cheap would be somewhere around 25-50 dollar.

Many thanks!

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest you consider the Amcrest IP2M-841 (re-branded Dahua) . It's ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p, IR, 2-way audio plus mike in/speaker out, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless and has alarm in/out, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom.

Not sure about Sweden but in the U.S. of A. the Black is available here for $45 USD, white or silver for $3 more.

I've installed 4 of them and 3 of it's lower-res, 720p cousin the IPM-721 and all have functioned with no hiccups for the past 3 years.

EDIT 4/1/21: V3 of the IP2M-841 does NOT provide relay I/O nor jacks for an external mic and speaker.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.