Which is better config tool for Dahua?

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which is better config tool for Dahua? V3.20.0 or V 4.011 and why?

Thanks!

42er

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello hdtvjeff,

in terms of SmartPlayer, I tried both, and got back to V3.XX.

The reason is, I cut a lot of my records, because of records of me and my family, with Smartplay V3.41.0 (not V4.XX).

The main reason for me is, that you cut in V3.41.0 in the real time: hh/mm/sec of the record:

1618428111010.png

In V4.XX you cut in time of the record, so mm/sec (I just installed that for you), and I dont like that at all:

1618428568964.png

Hope that helps you, to decide.

Greetings

42er

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello hdtvjeff,

in terms of SmartPlayer, I tried both, and got back to V3.XX.

The reason is, I cut a lot of my records, because of records of me and my family, with Smartplay V3.41.0 (not V4.XX).

The main reason for me is, that you cut in V3.41.0 in the real time: hh/mm/sec of the record:

View attachment 86849

In V4.XX you cut in time of the record, so mm/sec (I just installed that for you), and I dont like that at all:

View attachment 86851

Hope that helps you, to decide.

Greetings

42er

Thank you but I was referring to the IP config tool which allows you to change the camera settings and to initialize a new one

42er

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just open, what I have installed (but never use):

1618429735005.png

And no, no, no, I personaly will stick with the WebIF via IE. For me, still 1st choice. Reason #1, many funktion are in the native environmet accessable, other tools offer (not ever, but most,) not all funktion.

Try the WEBIF via IE and take a look

Greetings

42er

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just open, what I have installed (but never use):

View attachment 86855

And no, no, no, I personaly will stick with the WebIF via IE. For me, still 1st choice. Reason #1, many funktion are in the native environmet accessable, other tools offer (not ever, but most,) not all funktion.

Try the WEBIF via IE and take a look

Greetings

42er

Newer dahua cameras play nice with Google chrome without Active x problems with IE

Thanks !