Which IVS type should I use?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A C10 or U1 is preferred - something designed for high speed cameras and endurance like a WD Purple for example.

final

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've got an IPC-T5442-TM-AS from Andy. I just ordered an SanDisk Extreme 64GB - I think that should suffice?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
If its just for testing you can use whatever you want. Run down to Wal-Mart or Target and get a cheap one.

final

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good Morning.
Here are the screenshots of the Camera Video Settings, the IVS setting, and the live view.
For whatever reason the intrusion box is not shown in the live view. Maybe a browser issue? I am using FireFox (latest version).
As the SD card will only arrive tomorrow, I will set up a NFS share quickly (hopefully) to test if the IVS triggers.
Looking forward to your comments.
And - thanks for the help so far! :)

2021-05-20 09_42_51-Setting-IVS.png 2021-05-20 09_44_13-Setting-Video.png 2021-05-20 09_45_29-Liveview.png

EDIT/UPDATE :
ok, I managed to give the cam access to the NFS folder on my NAS. A subfolder was created with the alphanumeric camera name. Inside that folder is a file called "DVRWorkDirectory". But no snapshot or recording from my attempt to trigger the intrusion rule.

EDIT/UPDATE2
I was able to start the general recording and snapshots in the storage tab, I had to check "general" in the time tables. Then the camera creates .dav files (which I cannot watch with VLC) and snapshots every 3 seconds.
BUT - when I tried to trigger the intrusion rules, nothing happened, just the general recording. I was able to see myself in 2 of the snapshots of the general recording. But I did not see any special IVS folder or so.
It still looks to mee that the rules are not triggered. Also, even with another browser (edge), the live view does not show the INVS rules.

At this point I am stuck for now.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you using Internet Explorer? Some of these cams are really sensitive to the browser being used and even using a different browser with the IE plug-in doesn't work.

In live view, there is an icon on the bottom left that you need to select to turn IVS lines on during live view.

final

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm using FF, and also tried Edge. The lines where not shown in live view (see screenshot 3 in my post).
I dont really care about that, but I am unsure if this is a sign that something isnt working properly.

Did you see anything wrong in my settings that could prevent the IVS from working properly?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes the browser can cause it not to work as the settings are not really held in the camera. but the camera is too high and is seeing more tops of people and that could be part of the problem.

You need to do the Global Setup tab to calibrate the view and hopefully that will allow the camera to recognize people.

final

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know its quite high, but I have no choice. But I think the cam should be able so recognize people that are coming from the left behind the house?
I also did the global setup - maybe not properly? See attached screenshot.
2021-05-20 16_09_04-Setting-global-setup.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, that looks right.

It should be working.

Open it in Explorer so you can turn on the IVS rules and have someone walk around and see if it triggers. It should show a box around the person and the box will turn red when it is triggered.

final

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok, it looks different in Explorer than in Edge - strange. But it wants me to download some "webplugin.exe" ??? I mean, the live view is not visible but this note saying I need a plugin.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that is fine - it is downloading it from the camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The cameras were designed around Explorer so that browser is the best one to use to ensure full functionality.

final

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, I see the live view now. Also, in the IVS tab the rules are blue now. But still not shown in the live view. Will test the rule triggering and report back.

Nope - no detection, totally nothing.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is turned on here bottom left:

1621521957546.png

I would suggest you redraw the IVS and the global setup in Explorer since you are having trouble and see if that sticks.

final

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know, its turned on currently.
Ok, I'll try that.
In global setup - do I also need the "width calibration"?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try the 3 horizontal and 1 vertical first and see if it works then. If not, then do the rest of them.

final

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sigh - IVS does not like me ... I redraw the rules, it said rule drawing complete, the lines turned blue. I saved. Multiple times. I turned it on in liveview - nothing, no rule is shown. I even unpowered the cam - no effect. Damn, whats the problem here?
2021-05-20 16_59_37-liveview02.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Now that is a head scratcher.

I guess at this point do a factory reset on it and completely set it up from Explorer.

Which camera is it and where did you purchase? What is the firmware version it is running?

final

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe it hangs with the global setup? When I draw the 3 vertical and 1 horizontal rulers, and the do the height and width verification, it always says 0.00 beside the line. Does not feel right.

Its the IPC-T5442-TM-AS from Andy. FW Rev is V2.820.0000000.0.R, Build Date: 2020-11-14