Which Loryta cameras don’t need plug-in?

2MuchTech

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Loryta IPC-B5442E-ZE Bullet camera and was surprised to find out I cannot view the video from my iPad or iPhone browser interface. I updated to the Dec ‘20 firmware, but it still wants a plug-in to display live video. I thought all of the current models had gotten past the dang browser plug-in requirement :-(

Is there a document that shows which Loryta models can display video on an iOS browser (i.e. without the plug-in)?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is as close as it gets to documentation that I am aware of, but I have found most need a plug in regardless.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
They dont require a plug-in for a browser anymore if I recall correctly. But they don’t work on mobile devices at all. I can never connect to my camera‘s GUI via my iPads.

Best to use an app that can connect directly to the RTSP stream of the camera. I use IP Cam Viewer Pro on my Android phone. Works great.

2MuchTech

n3wb
Reaction score
I was hoping the newest firmwares would support viewing the live video in iOS browsers. I can view the video stream from my NVR app, but when I’m configuring the camera there are certain functions that are way easier if you can see the live image when you’re making the changes. For instance, if you want to configure the overlay time/date display, it’s easy enough to enable it from the camera’s GUI using an iOS browser, but if you want to move it to a different location on the screen, you can’t do that because the preview window is blank. The same thing applies when you’re adjusting Picture / Exposure / WB / etc. I have an Amcrest camera I bought a year or so ago, and it has no problem displaying the live feed in Safari on my iPad and iPhone. Since it’s the same underlying hardware and firmware, I was hoping Dahua had advanced to this level as well. I guess I’ll have to use a laptop to do my configs.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Nope. I can't even load the camera GUI from my Android phone or iPad. What I do is after I get the camera on the correct IP address, I either us Blue Iris on my iPad to do the aiming/aligning or I use IP Cam Viewer Pro to connect to the RTSP camera stream.

Focus is also a bitch since the focus preview doesn't work at all unless you use IE. So I always use BI for manual focusing as well (which isn't very often since I only have one camera that I need to do that for).

2MuchTech

n3wb
Reaction score
That’s weird that you can’t even access the camera’s GUI from your iPad. I’ve never had a problem with that (although for some reason it can be really slow moving from tab to tab in the GUI). The only thing I can’t get to from the iOS browser is a live view. Having a second mobile device to display the feed from the NVR so I can see the results of my tweaks in near real time allows me to do some of the configuration on my iPad, but there are still certain things (such as moving the overlay controls to different parts of the screen) that you just can’t do without a live display in the GUI. It’s irritating that Dahua doesn’t have this functionality when Amcrest clearly was able to add it to the same underlying firmware that Dahua uses.

I assume there aren’t any iOS apps that are specifically designed to allow you to configure the camera’s settings while viewing the live feed simultaneously?

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
That’s weird that you can’t even access the camera’s GUI from your iPad. I’ve never had a problem with that (although for some reason it can be really slow moving from tab to tab in the GUI). The only thing I can’t get to from the iOS browser is a live view. Having a second mobile device to display the feed from the NVR so I can see the results of my tweaks in near real time allows me to do some of the configuration on my iPad, but there are still certain things (such as moving the overlay controls to different parts of the screen) that you just can’t do without a live display in the GUI. It’s irritating that Dahua doesn’t have this functionality when Amcrest clearly was able to add it to the same underlying firmware that Dahua uses.

I assume there aren’t any iOS apps that are specifically designed to allow you to configure the camera’s settings while viewing the live feed simultaneously?
This doesn’t address your concern at all. But I just use a super compact netbook computer while viewing any changes in that specific vendors smart application. This also leads to if you’re installing lots of video gear investing in one of the portable tablets makes on site adjustments a God send.

Being half a mile in the air on a comm tower isn’t something you want to be going up and down. Just find out the cameras are pointing in the wrong direction or angle!

Never mind finding out there’s a bad RJ45 connector that’s corroded and there’s no power to the entire system!

When it’s -45’C with a windchill of -55’C you don’t want to be swinging dick.