Which model to get? Part 2

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Decided to start new thread as first one got long.
So after further research and reading and researching I decided to switch to LTS equipment. Going to go with milkisbad.Price, support and speed of delivery are all a plus and better firmware support as well.
Here is new config. What do you think?

Front door will get LTS CMIP1142W-28 2.8mm 4.1MP turret

Garage camera will be CMIP1142W 4mm turret

Side view will be either CMIP1142W 4mm turret or I'm thinking of getting CMIP9142W 4mm bullet with double matrix IR. Same price and i think both will work in this location. Not really sure which one to pick. Thoughts?

backyard location will be either CMIP1142W-28 2.8mm or CMIP9142W 4mm not sure which one will be better there? Any thoughts on this? maybe get something else for that spot?

for NVR i decided to go with LTN8708-P8
also thinking of adding additional camera in the middle of the side view as it will be easy enough to drill and attach it.

More i research the more options come up and more confusing it gets :) but I'm getting there slowly.

Any thoughts? suggestions?

Thanks

Alex

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I am not familiar with that one, but based on the specs it looks like it's on older model. Personally, I would look at recently released model, it's more future proof with H265 support and 4k resolution for not much more

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DS-7608NI-I2-8P-English-version-12MP-8CH-NVR-with-2-sata-8POE-ports-Embedded-Plug/1187561_32522498956.html

Also, I made mistake getting 8 channel version and it was too late, and since there is no way to expand NVR I will have to get a new one with 16 channel.

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are not making it easy :) hmm this does look better. I'm not worried about running out of 8 ports. my setup currently is 4 cameras and I might add 1 more outside and 1 inside the garage. That will leave 2 more ports in case i want to get something inside the house.

I am not familiar with that one, but based on the specs it looks like it's on older model. Personally, I would look at recently released model, it's more future proof with H265 support and 4k resolution for not much more

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/qvCAxSs

Also, I made mistake getting 8 channel version and it was too late, and since there is no way to expand NVR I will have to get a new one with 16 channel.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You are not making it easy :) hmm this does look better. I'm not worried about running out of 8 ports. my setup currently is 4 cameras and I might add 1 more outside and 1 inside the garage. That will leave 2 more ports in case i want to get something inside the house.
Another thing to look at on the nvr side is not just that you will have 1 spare port
Is the bandwidth available.
Depending on the specs and what resolution you will be running the cams at the bandwidth may come in to play and potentially be an issue.

I must add I haven't looked at the specs or familiar with the cameras as I'm in the UK and don't have any lts available here

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They are similar to Hikvision. I'm getting 4MP models

Kyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'll have to agree with @reeves1985.. Make sure the NVR has enough bandwidth to handle the amount of bandwidth each camera will be using.

Last edited by a moderator:

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'll have to agree with @reeves1985.. Make sure the NVR has enough bandwidth to handle the amount of bandwidth each camera will be using.
Yes bandwidth is the one hidden specific that trips a lot of people up.
You could have an 8ch nvr which will only handle 8 cameras at D1 resolution but run 4 at 3-4mp

People sometimes neglect this fact or don't do enough research to realise it as a factor and just assume 8ch will mean 8ch at whatever resolution they want.

The fact your asking questions here is great because you get the replies from people who are happy to help.
Sometimes we don't always like the answers because it means more money on the initial spend but it will help in the long run.

For example I currently only have 5 cameras running on my nvr but chose a Chinese ds-7832N-E2 over the international 76 series as it gives you more bandwidth from basically the same nvr!!!

As I plan on adding more cameras to the system as time goes by the extra bandwidth will be invaluable.
I will also guarantee that I will not be able to run 32 cameras at full resolution on it.

The fact you are in contact with @milkisbad means you are in good hands from a seller who will also give you the correct advice where needed

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I am not sure if bandwidth has anything to do at what resolution you are running, but your bitrate matters. Also, with H265 support in these new 7600-I2 series (and if cam supports it) you can use much lower bandwith to get the same image quality vs older H264.

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. NVR i'm getting is rated at 8ch ip @80Mbps according to the spec sheet. It should handle these without issues. Spec sheet lists recording at 4MP 8CH@20fps/CH. I'll check to see if milkisbad has newer nvrs in stock. He mentioned that he has 16Ch 4k ones but not 8 so I might get 16, we will see. Or I can save money and get current version and switch to BI at some point

Alex
Yes bandwidth is the one hidden specific that trips a lot of people up.
You could have an 8ch nvr which will only handle 8 cameras at D1 resolution but run 4 at 3-4mp

People sometimes neglect this fact or don't do enough research to realise it as a factor and just assume 8ch will mean 8ch at whatever resolution they want.

The fact your asking questions here is great because you get the replies from people who are happy to help.
Sometimes we don't always like the answers because it means more money on the initial spend but it will help in the long run.

For example I currently only have 5 cameras running on my nvr but chose a Chinese ds-7832N-E2 over the international 76 series as it gives you more bandwidth from basically the same nvr!!!

As I plan on adding more cameras to the system as time goes by the extra bandwidth will be invaluable.
I will also guarantee that I will not be able to run 32 cameras at full resolution on it.

The fact you are in contact with @milkisbad means you are in good hands from a seller who will also give you the correct advice where needed

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am not sure if bandwidth has anything to do at what resolution you are running, but your bitrate matters. Also, with H265 support in these new 7600-I2 series (and if cam supports it) you can use much lower bandwith to get the same image quality vs older H264.
That is true. Hmm i didn't think of the need for new cameras to fully take advantage of new nvrs, thats another expense

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd skip the 4k nvr for now, you can always sell your current one for some.money if you feel you have to. You are in good hands with milkisbad. I'd go with a 100mbs dvr and wait for them to work any bugs out on the 4k

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
4K NVR massive waste of money. Better to spend the money on a bigger HDD and put the savings towards a newer system in 5 years time.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
4K NVR massive waste of money.
Kind of like getting a full blown PC to run nothing but cams... 4k is only around $80 more for 8 channel and offers more processing power, bandwidth and h265. Also 4k cams are here already and you are not limited by your Nvr if you decide to get one in the near future.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Kind of like getting a full blown PC to run nothing but cams... 4k is only around $80 more for 8 channel and offers more processing power, bandwidth and h265. Also 4k cams are here already and you are not limited by your Nvr if you decide to get one in the near future.
OK, how many people have 760xNI-SE that don't work with the new 4MP cameras. These are going to work with future cameras for sure. Hmmm....

My last bit of advice here would be to get the right cameras and lens lengths (much more important) rather than worry about H265.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

I made that mistake... Then my daughters mom decided she wanted cameras and she ordered the 16 channel and I gave her my 8. :D