which models to get?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Someone posted this deal on rebranded Hikvision set, seems like a good deal:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16881183053
+1 Thats a pretty solid deal - be nice if these "kits" split cameras lens sizes like 3 2.8 or 3mm and 3 4mm. I know its "minimal" in some mounting cases but others it makes all the difference in the world. Regardless you can add two more cameras and not have to bad of an 8 cam setup.

*I would be concerned a little though - when you look at the close ups of cam only - they don't appear to be HIK, the shape and sizing is different - its not the standard cylinder/bullet...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
+1 Thats a pretty solid deal - be nice if these "kits" split cameras lens sizes like 3 2.8 or 3mm and 3 4mm. I know its "minimal" in some mounting cases but others it makes all the difference in the world. Regardless you can add two more cameras and not have to bad of an 8 cam setup.

*I would be concerned a little though - when you look at the close ups of cam only - they don't appear to be HIK, the shape and sizing is different - its not the standard cylinder/bullet...
There is discussion on this deal and mentions that it is rebranded Hikvision
http://slickdeals.net/f/8334069-8-channel-laview-ip-surveillance-system-nvr-6x-1080p-cameras-450-free-shipping

and fenderman already posted there too:

Those are hikvision 2032 cameras...hivision has released new 2mp and 4mp WDR models that have better night and low light vision than the 3mp. In general though a 2mp will perform better in low light than higher mp cameras, assuming the sensors sizes are the same. Also, the turret form factor is a better choice than the bullet.
http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/...i5637.html

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
klasipca - what nvr do you use? what model?

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on it? recommended? how does it compare to BI?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on it? recommended? how does it compare to BI?
It's my first NVR, I've used Synology/QNAP NAS before and only tried BI trial version. I prefer NVR because it doesn't require much maintenance, uses little power (It sources power to 5 cams @ 38 watts during day and 59 watts during night with 3x Huisun being the most power hungry) and overall great bang for the buck (paid under $300). The only limitation it has is motion detection, it's very basic, this is probably where BI shines. Frankly, you could extend this NVR to use with BI at some point, but so far I have no need. The only mistake I did was to get 8 channel, where I maxed out with 8 cams (5 connected & 3 wireless), so I may have to upgrade it to 16 channel.

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's my first NVR, I've used Synology/QNAP NAS before and only tried BI trial version. I prefer NVR because it doesn't require much maintenance, uses little power (It sources power to 5 cams @ 38 watts during day and 59 watts during night with 3x Huisun being the most power hungry) and overall great bang for the buck (paid under $300). The only limitation it has is motion detection, it's very basic, this is probably where BI shines. Frankly, you could extend this NVR to use with BI at some point, but so far I have no need. The only mistake I did was to get 8 channel, where I maxed out with 8 cams (5 connected & 3 wireless), so I may have to upgrade it to 16 channel.
Does it have line cross detection?

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ipcamal you will get better night vision coverage with either 2mp or 4mp, the 3mp chip has more noise in the night image.
Article Fender has referenced many times and explains why more MP isn't always better: http://www.cnet.com/news/camera-mega...ones-unlocked/

However, the 4mp cameras have the low lux rating and are not as noisy as the 3mp. I will tell you that you don't need to spend hundred per camera to get into the 4mp world. You can secure what you are looking for in the mid $1XX. They will also be western region cameras that are stocked here in the US as well as allow for firmware updates and total US support vs the china region cameras you are seeing on Amazon.

If I may offer a suggestion if you are set on HIK... Look at my review here:
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread...ht=LTS+3mp+4mp

Once you do that and connect the dots as to the manufacture of these cameras and are happy with what you see - then reach out via PM to @milkisbad and ask for a catalog and place an order for exactly what you want. I purchase through this company via another channel for my day job and I can't speak highly enough about them, however Milk works for another arm of that company and while I haven't dealt with him personally many on here have and rave about his service - all I can speak for is the company he works for and the products they sell. A++

Good Luck
Just read your reivew. What model is your LTS nvr? how has it been working for you? I'm still undecided and not set on any brand in particular. Can you PM me the LTS supplier you used?

Thanks

Alex

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So after reading reviews and researching here is what I narrowed down to:

for my front door camera:
1x DS-2CD2342WD-I-2.8MM

For my garage camera:
1x [FONT=OpenSans, arial, sans-sarif]DS-2CD2342WD-I-4mm[/FONT]

[FONT=OpenSans, arial, sans-sarif]For my Side and backyard cameras:[/FONT]
2x Huisun mini PTZ
[FONT=OpenSans, arial, sans-sarif]I decided not to use BI for now but go with hikvision NVR.
[/FONT]DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P - NVR

[FONT=OpenSans, arial, sans-sarif]What do you guys think about this?

This will give me 4 cameras now and another 4 to expand later on.
I already have 2x3TB NAS hdds that I can use or I can get new purple disks

Thanks

[/FONT]

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like similar to my setup right now.

Patio/Backyard - Huisun 3x for wide angle (I have small yard)
Side - Huisun 10x
Driveway - 2142 w/ 2.8mm lens, (it's about 2.5 cars long driveway and I am not getting great image with that cam, so looking for a replacement)
Entrance - I had mini dome 2.8mm a few month ago, but replaced with Huisun 10x which I mounted to the size and zoomed in on the entrance. Works really well.

Personally, I would recommend to get one of each first (Huisun 10x and 2342) if you are not in a rush and try them in different areas first. Huisun is about to release 2nd gen with improved image, so it might be worth waiting for.

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like similar to my setup right now.

Patio/Backyard - Huisun 3x for wide angle (I have small yard)
Side - Huisun 10x
Driveway - 2142 w/ 2.8mm lens, (it's about 2.5 cars long driveway and I am not getting great image with that cam, so looking for a replacement)
Entrance - I had mini dome 2.8mm a few month ago, but replaced with Huisun 10x which I mounted to the size and zoomed in on the entrance. Works really well.

Personally, I would recommend to get one of each first (Huisun 10x and 2342) if you are not in a rush and try them in different areas first. Huisun is about to release 2nd gen with improved image, so it might be worth waiting for.
Does nvr support automatic plug and play config of Huisun PTZ cameras? Can i plug them into the poe ports on the nvr? or do I need to plug them into separate switch?
Does it auto configure them?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure if it supports it. I manually configured them but they are connected to NVR POE directly.

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So after further research and reading and researching I decided to switch to LTS equipment. Going to go with milkisbad.Price, support and speed of delivery are all a plus and better firmware support as well.
Here is new config. What do you think?

Front door will get LTS CMIP1142W-28 2.8mm 4.1MP turret

Garage camera will be CMIP1142W 4mm turret

Side view will be either CMIP1142W 4mm turret or I'm thinking of getting CMIP9142W 4mm bullet with double matrix IR. Same price and i think both will work in this location. Not really sure which one to pick. Thoughts?

backyard location will be either CMIP1142W-28 2.8mm or CMIP9142W 4mm not sure which one will be better there? Any thoughts on this? maybe get something else for that spot?

for NVR i decided to go with LTN8708-P8
also thinking of adding additional camera in the middle of the side view as it will be easy enough to drill and attach it.

More i research the more options come up and more confusing it gets :) but I'm getting there slowly.

Last edited by a moderator: