which NVR has virtual host?

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
setting up another system and with what I went through on the 7108 recently where I can't reach the camera behind the POE ports I need to find one that will not have this issue so I can setup email alerts on the camera to attach image without jumping through a million hoops. Any recommendation?

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think it may be a firmware feature.
My 7616NI-E2/8P running on 3.3.2 has the Virtual host option.

What firmware is your NVR running ?

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using DS-7108N-SN / P with V3.0.7 build 140805 I asked the vendor for new firmware but they said it's not available.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well your seller is full of shit, see below in my signature for an upgrade.
The virtual host is also on my 7832n, it not on the 7100 series nvr's

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, its just a basic entry level nvr, but still good value.
If you have the 7108n-sn/p just plug your pc into on of the Poe ports to access the camera web page to make fine adjustments

RobertF

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in the same predicament as Dannieboiz whereby I need to access the individual cameras on my DS-7108N-SN/P which is running firmware V3.0.7 build 140805.

Has there been upgraded firmware with virtual host for this device? if not, can this be overcome in another way?

Thanks in advance

Robert

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in the same predicament as Dannieboiz whereby I need to access the individual cameras on my DS-7108N-SN/P which is running firmware V3.0.7 build 140805.

Has there been upgraded firmware with virtual host for this device? if not, can this be overcome in another way?
You can try the latest firmware, 3.0.17, and check out for yourself (not recommended if you have a chinese unit).
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Recorder/DS-7100NI-SN/

I do not think you will get virtual host with DS-71xx series. If you just need to access the cameras to do some configuration, plug your computer on one of the integrated POE ports.

RobertF

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, as you say I bought the unit from China which has also probably been modified to English language therefore I'm not keen to change firmware unless someone can confirm that it will definitely provide Virtual Host.

It's not just for configuration, I would like to stream the camera to a 3rd party monitor client but of course the camera is currently inaccessible to the home LAN since it's via the NVR

Has anyone overcome this on a DS-7108N-SN/P?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am not even sure if virtual host would help you there. I have hardly used it, but I think that with virtual host you only get access to the web port of the camera, so you can tweak the config, access the web interface, etc.
I do not know if it also exposes the RTSP and SDK ports. I'd like to hear more from someone who has used it more :)

Do not try to update the firmware if you have a chinese unit. It would be easier for you to just connect that one camera on your lan.