Which setting take precedence?

LV-426

n3wb
Reaction score
Good morning all,

I have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-SE/8P NVR and I'm using a mix of 2032 and 2332's. I know that I can set certain parameters for each cam using the NVR interface (i.e. Motion Detection, image settings, etc.). I can also set the same parameters using the Virtual Host for each cam as well. My question is, which one takes precedence? If I make an image adjustment to a cam through the NVR and then make the same adjustment through the Virtual Host which one sticks? For example, if I were to increase the color saturation for a particular cam and then view the cam through Virtual Host, the color slider is still at it's default midway point. The change I made in the NVR doesn't translate to the VH.

Which interface should I be using to setup my cams? I've been trying to setup Intrusion Detection on one of my cams. I only see this option when I view the cam through the Virtual Host. I tried setting it up and checking the correct boxes but yet when I test it, I don't receive an email telling me that there is movement. However, when I setup a simple motion detection for the same cam using the NVR and test, it works fine and I get email alerts and pictures. I'm a little confused as to where I should be making these changes/adjustments.

Sorry for being long winded, but just wanted to paint the picture.

Thanks for your help.